Department of Finance
Division of Municipal Income Tax
Online preparation of your 2013 City of Lakewood income tax return
To utilize the e-preparation system, you first need to input your social security number (or the primary’s social security number in the case of a joint account) and create a PIN number by clicking on the “Don’t have a PIN?” link next to the log in screen’s PIN field. Please make sure that you’ve updated your address with our office, as your current house number is required when setting up your new PIN. Please also note that the PIN is required to be a combination of letters and numbers (anywhere from 4 to 10 characters), and that these letters are case sensitive. You will receive confirmation of your PIN’s creation on the log in page.
PLEASE NOTE: Your prior year’s PIN is no longer valid. You will need to create a new PIN each year.
Once you’ve created your PIN and logged into our system, you may prepare your 2013 City of Lakewood income tax return online, file an extension, and check your estimates and prior year credits.
[ Lakewood E-file System » ]
2013 Tax returns are due on April 15, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: There have been changes to the Lakewood Tax Ordinance.
- 128.1302 a) – The due date for withholding payments has been moved from the 20th of each month to the last day of each month.
- 128.1106 – Taxpayers may offset business net profits with business net losses from business conducted in Lakewood or in any municipality that does not levy an income tax.
- 128.09(m) – Taxpayers must now follow Federal guidelines when taking deductions for Form 2106 Unreimbursed Employee Expenses.
Please see the Lakewood Tax Ordinance for full details!
The Division of Municipal Income Tax will offer extended hours until 7:00 PM on the following dates:
- March 18th, 20th, 25th and 27th
- April 1st, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 14th, and 15th
- The office will also be open on Saturday, April 5th and 12th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The Lakewood Municipal Income Tax Division is charged with the collection, audit and enforcement of the municipal income tax ordinance. Through proper tax revenue collection, we assist the Department of Finance in maintaining and strengthening the fiscal integrity of the City. We strive to provide the taxpayers of Lakewood with high quality, cost effective, professional, and courteous service.