Department of Finance
Division of Municipal Income Tax
2013 Tax returns are due on April 15, 2014.
Click here to download our [Form L-1 Individual City Income Tax Return » ] and corresponding [Instructions » ].
The Division of Municipal Income Tax offers free preparation of Lakewood municipal tax returns, and will offer extended hours until 7:00 PM on the following dates
Introducing the City of Lakewood Interactive
Individual L-1 Income Tax Form
The new Interactive Individual L-1 Income Tax Form is a dynamic electronic tool by which taxpayers can prepare their individual City of Lakewood tax returns—for any year in question.
Just enter your W-2, 1099-Misc, or applicable Federal Schedule information (C, E, K-1, or A with Form 2106) and the return will calculate your balance due for you. Then, just print a copy of the return, attach the appropriate supporting documentation, and send in along with a payment on any balance due.
It’s that simple!
- Some web browsers attempt to open PDFs using their own reader plug-ins, which may impair functionality within PDF fill-in forms. We strongly recommend that you download the interactive form by right-clicking on its link and opening it with Adobe Reader so that it will function correctly.
- This tool is provided to assist taxpayers with calculating their final return. There may be occasions, depending on how information is entered, when this tool cannot accurately calculate the final return. Your return is not finalized until it is received and audited by our tax department.
- This tax form is not being submitted electronically. If you choose to fill-out the form online, you must PRINT the form; SIGN the printed form; ATTACH all appropriate W-2s, 1099s, and other Schedules; and MAIL the return to City of Lakewood – Division of Tax, P.O. Box 77047, Cleveland, OH 44194.
[Download the City of Lakewood Interactive Individual L-1 Income Tax Form]
Online Preparation of your 2013 City of Lakewood Income Tax Return
To utilize the e-preparation system:
- Input your social security number (or the primary’s social security number in the case of a joint account) and create a PIN number by clicking on the “Don’t have a PIN?” link next to the log in screen’s PIN field.
- Make sure that you’ve updated your address with our office, as your current house number is required when setting up your new PIN.
- The PIN is required to be a combination of letters and numbers (anywhere from 4 to 10 characters), and that these letters are case sensitive.
- You will receive confirmation of your PIN’s creation on the log in page.
- Once you’ve created your PIN and logged into our system, you may prepare your 2013 City of Lakewood income tax return online, file an extension, and check your estimates and prior year credits.
- Your prior year’s PIN is no longer valid. You will need to create a new PIN each year.
- E-Preparation does not mean you have filed! If you choose to prepare the form online, you must PRINT the form; SIGN the printed form; ATTACH all appropriate W-2s, 1099s, and other Schedules; and MAIL the return to City of Lakewood – Division of Tax, P.O. Box 77047, Cleveland, OH 44194.
[ Lakewood E-Preparation System » ]
The Lakewood Municipal Income Tax Division is charged with the collection, audit and enforcement of the municipal income tax ordinance. Through proper tax revenue collection, we assist the Department of Finance in maintaining and strengthening the fiscal integrity of the City. We strive to provide the taxpayers of Lakewood with high quality, cost effective, professional, and courteous service.