Would you like to serve on a city board or commission?November 21, 2016
Lakewood City Council is seeking volunteers to serve on various city advisory boards and commissions. Applicants must be residents of Lakewood, have a desire to serve their community in a volunteer capacity, and be willing to contribute the number of hours necessary for the particular group to which they are appointed. City Council appointments are made at the end of board/commission terms and as openings occur throughout the year.
- One appointment to the Planning Commission
- One appointment to Lakewood Heritage Advisory Board
- One appointment to the Lakewood Human Rights Commission
- Appointments to the Citizens Advisory Committee on Community Development Block Grants
- Two appointments to the Audit Committee
- Appointments to the Community Health Foundation Planning Task Force
Information on the Boards and Commissions can be found at the City’s website by going to the following: http://www.onelakewood.com/apply-register/boardscommissions/
The Second Amended Charter and Codified Ordinances of the City provides the legal descriptions of Boards and Commission and you may find that information by searching the following: http://www.conwaygreene.com/lakewood.htm.
Applicants are asked to email or deliver a cover letter and résumé for consideration to the addresses provided below:
Clerk of Council Mary Hagan
Mail/Deliver : Mary Hagan
Clerk of Council
12650 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
The deadline for submission of is 5 p.m. Monday, December 26, 2016. Board and commission members seeking reappointment need not submit any new materials for consideration.
# # #
For more information, please contact Mary Hagan, Clerk of Council, at (216) 529-6055.
Most Popular Pages
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facing Addiction
- Mayor's Letter on Clean Water Lakewood: Road Ahead
- Accountability & Sound Governance