Some Important Safety Reminders from the Lakewood Police DepartmentAugust 06, 2018
The suspects are entering through first floor, unlocked windows. They are taking valuable items along with the resident’s car keys and stealing the vehicles.
To prevent these crimes of opportunity from happening to your home or in your neighborhood:
- Lock First Floor Windows – first floor windows should be locked when going to bed for the evening, if possible.
- Do Not Leave Valuable In Sight of First Floor Windows – valuables such as purses, phones, wallets, keys, etc. should be hidden and not in view from windows when retiring for the evening.
- Leave Some Lights On – overnight – leaving some lighting on the first floor and the outside perimeter of the house is encouraged.
- Report Unknown Persons in the Neighborhood – Should anyone observe unknown persons on their property or a neighbor’s property, please call the police department immediately at (216) 521-6773. And remember, the police would rather you call, have them check out a “strange” situation and have it be nothing, than for you not to call and have it be something.
- Lakewood Restaurants Invited to Conversation Regarding the Role of Restaurants in Healthy Living April 15, 2019
- The City of Lakewood is pleased to partner with LakewoodAlive to Host Small Business Incentive Workshop on April 24 April 15, 2019
- 2019 H2O Summer Service Camp Applications Are Now Available April 02, 2019
Most Popular Pages
- Live Well Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Animals In Lakewood