Residents Are Reminded To Move Cars Off Of Emergency Snow Ban StreetsJanuary 30, 2017
Lakewood residents are reminded that they need to move their cars off of posted Emergency Snow Ban streets during heavy snow so streets can be plowed. No parking on posted Emergency Snow Ban streets will be enforced on Monday, January 30, 2017 due to the heavy snowfall. The Emergency Snow Ban streets are the main thoroughfares in the City including:
- Athens Avenue (Carabel to Lincoln)
- Belle Avenue (Madison to Lake),
- Berea Road (Horseshoe Bridge to W. 117th)
- Bunts Road (Lakewood Heights Boulevard to Clifton Boulevard)
- Clifton Boulevard (Webb to W. 117th)
- Delaware Avenue (McKinely to Brown)
- Detroit Avenue (Gridley to W. 117th)
- Lake Avenue (Webb to W. 117th)
- Lakewood Heights Boulevard (Woodward to Horseshoe Bridge)
- Madison Avenue (Riverside to W. 117th)
- Riverside Drive (Sloane to Fischer)
- 117th Street (Berea to Edgewater)
- Warren Road (Lakewood Heights Boulevard to Clifton Boulevard)
- West Clifton (between Riverside and Clifton)
A map of all Emergency Snow Ban streets is available at http://www.onelakewood.com/pdf/2011_EmergencySnowBanStreetsMap.pdf. Cars that are in violation of the Emergency Snow Ban may be towed. Cars may be returned to the street after it has been plowed.
On streets that are posted Emergency Snow Ban streets, whenever there is snow fall of four (4) inches or more within a twenty-four (24) hour period, the emergency snow ban takes effect. The snow ban restrictions on parking take effect without any requirement of an announcement by the City of Lakewood. In the event of a snow fall of four inches or more, parking is not permitted on streets posted as emergency snow ban streets. Motorists should always consult the posted signs, and be advised that in the event of a snow fall of two inches or more, the emergency snow parking bans will be enforced.
Residents affected by the Snow Parking Ban are permitted to park at no charge in the City of Lakewood Municipal Parking Lots located throughout the city and at Lakewood Park, 14532 Lake Avenue and Madison Park, 13029 Madison Avenue. A complete list of Municipal Parking Lots is available at http://www.onelakewood.com/pdf/Municipal_Parking_Lots.pdf.
Lakewood Codified Ordinance 351.26 and 351.27 contain the provisions of the emergency snow parking bans.
For the safety of all residents, please help the City of Lakewood clear the streets by removing vehicles during these snow emergencies.
Most Popular Pages
- Fourth of July Parade Applications
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Summer Fun in Lakewood
- 2019 Construction Projects
- Live Well Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- Active Living in the Parks
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Animals In Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program