Refuse & Recycling Changes Due to COVID-19March 25, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Lakewood is making the following changes to it’s refuse and recycling collections.
- The Refuse and Recycling Drop Off Center located at 12920 Berea Road will amend the hours of operation to Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for residents of Lakewood to drop off household and bulk garbage, yard waste, and recyclables.
- The Drop Off Center will suspend Saturday hours through the Stay at Home initial end date of April 6th. At that time the City will reassess these changes.
- A satellite station will be available starting on Monday March 30th at the skate park at Lakewood Park (14532 Lake Avenue ). There will be separate trucks for household and bulk garbage, yard waste, and recyclables. This station will also maintain the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday through April 6th.
- The City is asking residents to help the Refuse and Recycling Department safely maintain collection services during the Stay at Home order. If you live on the side of the street with parking, please consider placing your garbage and recycling toters in your driveway apron.
- Residents are asked to fit as much material as possible in their respective toters. Please break down cardboard and bag all garbage.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Snow Reminders
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance