Mental Health & Aging: Creating a Compassionate Community in LakewoodJanuary 08, 2016
Mental health issues for seniors aren’t typically topics that get much coverage.
That’s one of the reasons Lakewood Senior Collaborative is hosting a panel discussion: to talk about it. Mental Health & Aging: Creating a Compassionate Community will also highlight trends and available resources; the presentation is slated to take place at the Women’s Pavilion at Lakewood Park from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20.
Among the questions that will be answered are:
- Why is mental health as important as physical health among seniors
- What are the most common mental health issues among seniors?
- How can you differentiate between mental illness and neurological disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- What are the most effective treatment and intervention options for seniors?
- How does the stigma associated with mental illness impact seniors seeking treatment or resources?
“Coming together as a community to discuss topics with experts is a strength of Lakewood and is critical to addressing our ever-changing world,” said Toni Gelsomino, the city’s director of human services. “This panel discussion will increase our knowledge and help us to understand one another and the challenges any one of us may face today or at some time in our lives. The Lakewood Senior Collaborative and the Lakewood Area Collaborative will continue to create these kinds of opportunities to support our compassionate community. All are welcome.”
The event is free and open to the public. Breakfast will be provided. For more information, contact Katie Kurtz at 216-529-5011 or Katherine.email@example.com.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance