Lakewood Public Art Task Force Hosting First Meeting in 2016January 11, 2016
The newly formed Lakewood Public Art Task Force isn’t wasting any time getting started in 2016.
The task force’s first order of business is to help establish a public art program and map out both where public art currently is located within the city and where are good locations for public art within in the city. The group will also seek to identify its goals regarding public art and its placement in Lakewood.
The meeting is slated to take place at Lakewood City Hall on Tuesday, Jan. 26.
Late last year, the city of Lakewood sought qualified applicants for a seven-member Public Art Task Force, aimed at developing a public art strategy for the city. the members have varied backgrounds, including marketing, planning, fundraising and arts.
They are: Michael Gill; Elizabeth Grace; Tiffany Graham; Lynne Hammes; Lee Norris; Beth Ryan; and Achala Wali.
Here are some of their listed duties:
- Assist with the selection of art installation at Solstice Steps at Lakewood Park
- Help market, support, fundraise for public art
- Develop public art strategy options for citywide program
- Research and formulate potential funding options
- Report findings to Lakewood City Council
For more information about the Lakewood Public Art Task Force, visit its webpage on onelakewood.com.
Most Popular Pages
- Snow Reminders
- Leaf Collection
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Live Well Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Animals In Lakewood
- Public Art