June 26, 2018
The contractor is on pace to complete the paving on the north half of the street today. Parking will remain restricted from 8:00am to 8:00pm in the construction zone (on the south side of the street) until completed (6/29 at the latest). Once the last lane is paved, all parking restrictions will be removed, and one lane of traffic in each direction will resume. Thank you for your patience during this important project!”
June 22, 2018
This is the latest update regarding the Lake Avenue paving between Nicholson and W117th. The work is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 26th and Wednesday, June 27th.
The main communication regarding parking will be with normal No Parking signs posted along the roadway. The message boards will also communicate the parking changes but the signs are the most effective.
Day 1 (Tuesday):
- No Parking Anytime within the work zone. (north half)
- No Parking 8am – 8pm on the street elsewhere. (south side)
- The contractor will pave the north curb lane. When this is complete, the existing eastbound traffic will be moved to drive on this new pavement.
- The contractor will then pave approximately 10’ on both sides of the center of the roadway. When this paving is complete, parking will be restored to the north side and eastbound traffic will remain on the north half of the roadway.
- The south side of the roadway will be the work zone.
Day 2 (Wednesday)
- No Parking Anytime within the construction zone
- The contractor will pave the south curb lane within the construction zone.
Soon after the last of this paving, striping will be painted and the entire roadway will be opened to one lane of traffic in both directions. Parking will be allowed on both sides. This may be a day or two after the paving is complete depending on weather and contractor scheduling.
May 18, 2018
Click here for information about RTA bus changes due to the Lake Avenue resurfacing project.
May 16, 2018
May 2, 2018
A public information meeting was held on Tuesday, May 1st to discuss the significant repaving and utility work on Lake Avenue scheduled for 2018 and 2019. Construction is expected to begin on May 21st on the eastern half of Lake Avenue (from Belle Avenue to W 117th Street). This meeting discussed the construction schedule, traffic management, parking, and planning for the future of Lake Avenue. Below is the presentation that was presented at that meeting.