October 25, 2018
Yesterday evening, a Community Meeting was held regarding the restriping of Lake Avenue after repaving is completed. The meeting focused on four areas:
- Construction Update
- Results of Pre-Construction Traffic and Parking Studies
- Presentation on road treatments that were studied
- Small-group workshop on most common road treatments
Both the workshop and general discussion generated a variety of comments and concerns. Key points expressed by the workshop groups included:
- With any road treatment, avoid visual clutter from signs and lane delineators
- Eliminate passing on the right
- Gold Coast area has different parking needs than the rest of the corridor and desires parking on both sides of the street
- North side of the street has less total driveway conflicts, and therefore would be the better choice if a cycletrack were installed
- Consider visibility and safety tradeoffs when considering a ‘floating’ parking lane
- Design for cyclists of all abilities
- Consider that parking areas on the west end of Lake may be mostly unused. For safety and clarity they should not become a passing lane.
- No plastic bollards or delineators
- Traffic calming is a more important issue west of Lakewood Park. Parking capacity is more important east of Lakewood Park.
- Maintaining parking on the north side of the street is good both for capacity and for safety, especially at Lakewood Park.
Comments from individual worksheets will be compiled and posted here shortly.
The slide deck from this meeting is available here.
October 17, 2018
There will be a community meeting to discuss the operation of Lake Avenue after repaving is completed in 2019. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:00 PM at the Main Library, Multi-Purpose Room.
October 9, 2018
The final 2018 paving for Lake Avenue will be completed this Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11). Tomorrow, during work hours, traffic between Nicholson Avenue and Belle Avenue will be limited to one-way eastbound. Two-way traffic will return on Thursday.
August 20, 2018
Today, 8/20, traffic will be reduced to one-way eastbound between Belle & Nicholson. This will allow the contractor to continue working on the paving & milling process
August 16, 2018
Weather permitting, traffic on Lake Ave will be reduced to one-way eastbound traffic between Belle & Nicholson on Friday (8/17) and Monday (8/20). This will allow the contractor to begin the milling & paving process. Two-way traffic will resume over the weekend.
June 26, 2018
The contractor is on pace to complete the paving on the north half of the street today. Parking will remain restricted from 8:00am to 8:00pm in the construction zone (on the south side of the street) until completed (6/29 at the latest). Once the last lane is paved, all parking restrictions will be removed, and one lane of traffic in each direction will resume. Thank you for your patience during this important project!”
June 22, 2018
This is the latest update regarding the Lake Avenue paving between Nicholson and W117th. The work is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 26th and Wednesday, June 27th.
The main communication regarding parking will be with normal No Parking signs posted along the roadway. The message boards will also communicate the parking changes but the signs are the most effective.
Day 1 (Tuesday):
- No Parking Anytime within the work zone. (north half)
- No Parking 8am – 8pm on the street elsewhere. (south side)
- The contractor will pave the north curb lane. When this is complete, the existing eastbound traffic will be moved to drive on this new pavement.
- The contractor will then pave approximately 10’ on both sides of the center of the roadway. When this paving is complete, parking will be restored to the north side and eastbound traffic will remain on the north half of the roadway.
- The south side of the roadway will be the work zone.
Day 2 (Wednesday)
- No Parking Anytime within the construction zone
- The contractor will pave the south curb lane within the construction zone.
Soon after the last of this paving, striping will be painted and the entire roadway will be opened to one lane of traffic in both directions. Parking will be allowed on both sides. This may be a day or two after the paving is complete depending on weather and contractor scheduling.
May 18, 2018
Click here for information about RTA bus changes due to the Lake Avenue resurfacing project.
May 16, 2018
Lave Ave Resurfacing Fast Facts
Lake Avenue Resurfacing Resident Letter
May 2, 2018
A public information meeting was held on Tuesday, May 1st to discuss the significant repaving and utility work on Lake Avenue scheduled for 2018 and 2019. Construction is expected to begin on May 21st on the eastern half of Lake Avenue (from Belle Avenue to W 117th Street). This meeting discussed the construction schedule, traffic management, parking, and planning for the future of Lake Avenue. Below is the presentation that was presented at that meeting.