Lakewood is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in applying for one of the current job openings below, fill out an application online or complete this pdf and return it by email to email@example.com or mail it to Human Resources, City of Lakewood, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH, 44107.
The Office of Human Resources provides high quality professional services in the areas of human resources management, recruitment, labor relations, employee training and development, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, performance management, Workers Compensation risk management and licensure oversight and regulatory compliance. All efforts undertaken by the Office of Human Resources will ensure that employees and citizens are treated with respect and dignity.
Still have questions? Email the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-529-6611.
Current Job Openings
Manager, Community Center/Senior Services Department of Human Services+-
The City of Lakewood is seeking a full time Manager, Community Center/Senior Services in the Department of Human Services. This pivotal position offers a unique opportunity to the right candidate. This position manages service delivery staff and programming for the city’s senior population. The successful candidate will be an energetic, enthusiastic, senior advocate able to assess and address the needs and wants of the city’s seniors. Have the ability to evaluate services and programs to ensure that the needs are being met. Design and implement intergenerational programming and opportunities for Lakewood’s families. Be a relationship builder who can create community partnerships and a dynamic program developer. The position also coordinates the operation and management of the facility on a day-to-day basis.
The salary range for this position is $52,702 – $74,332. This is a civil service position with outstanding benefits including health insurance, life insurance, the Ohio Public Employees Retirement system pension and a generous time off package.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field; and,
Minimum of two to three years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Qualified interested applicants should submit an application form (obtained from the Department of Human Resources or found on www.onelakewood.com) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107. Application deadline is Friday, March 29, 2019.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full-Time Building Inspector 1 or 2+-
CITY OF LAKEWOOD POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
FULL-TIME BUILDING INSPECTOR 1 or 2
HOUSING & BUILDING
The City of Lakewood is currently accepting applications for a full-time Building Inspector 1or Building Inspector 2 position. Building Inspectors conduct inspections of new and existing structures ensuring code and ordinance compliance, identifying code violations, issuing permits and certificates of occupancy utilizing their knowledge of building codes, plans examination and experience in construction and/or renovation of commercial and/or residential units. Normal working hours are between 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.
Licensing requirements for Building Inspector 1:
- OBBS Building Inspector Certification (BI)*
- Residential Building Inspector (RBI)*
And one of the following
- Electrical Safety Inspector (ESI)* STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Plumbing Inspector (PI)*
* Valid interim at time of hire may be considered. Full certification must be obtained within 12 months of appointment.
Licensing Requirements for Building Inspector 2:
- OBBS Building Inspector Certification (BI)
And one of the following
- Electrical Safety Inspector (ESI) STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Plumbing Inspector (PI)
Qualified applicants will possess the knowledge, experience and ability to perform the following essential job functions:
- Ability to communicate effectively, interact with the public within the community to provide information and to problem solve and communicate orally with staff and the general public;
- Have knowledge of building code inspection, plans examination and experience in construction and/or renovation of commercial and/or residential units;
- The ability to conduct inspections of new and existing structures, including ensuring code and ordinance compliance, identifying code violations, issuing permits and certificates of occupancy;
- Be able to communicate construction techniques and procedures to property owners and contractors;
- Have the ability to maintain and submit all inspection records, issue violation letters and citations;
- Have the ability and knowledge to verify compliance of construction work with approved construction documents, investigate complaints and respond to requests related to building and property maintenance;
- Must have the ability to inspect fire damage;
- Possess the skill to read and interpret construction documents and maps;
- Be able to prepare clear and concise reports and correspondence utilizing information technology with Microsoft Office, mobile applications and proprietary software;
- Work independently in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines and follow up on assignments;
- Possess the ability to lead, direct, assign, delegate job assignments, work with and assign personnel to duties, tasks and equipment in day-to-day operations as necessary including the capability to work effectively and professionally with employees, contractors, vendors and the public.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; ascend and descend stairs, scaffolding and ramps; maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, or running on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces; move about on hands and knees; bend body downward and forward, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear; use color, odor, texture, shape and sound perception and discrimination; and push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 20 pounds occasionally.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; and,
- Building Inspector 1:Three to four years of progressively responsible related experience
- Building inspector 2: Three to four years of progressively responsible related experience with 2 years of experience as Building Inspector 1 or Equivalent or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Driver’s License with less than 8 points.
- Licenses and Certifications as described above.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range = $53,315 – $63,061 plus Licensing bonus.
Benefits include health and prescription coverage, dental, vision, life and supplemental benefits are available.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply on line at www.onelakewood.com or should submit an application form (found on the website) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
School Crossing Guard+-
The City of Lakewood is seeking applicants for the part-time (approximately 2 hours per day) position of School Crossing Guard. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED and be able to satisfactorily complete a physical examination, including drug screening, and police background check. Salary $13.73 per hour.
Most Popular Pages
- Healthy Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Animals In Lakewood