H2O To Offer Remote Summer Service ExperienceJune 01, 2020
H2O has opened registration for H2O’s Summer Service Experience, a remote service-learning program. As with other years, this opportunity is open to Lakewood residents who will enter seventh, eighth, or ninth grade in the fall.
Most other aspects of registration and the delivery of the program will be different, however. Here are some of the key points about Summer Service Experience:
- Sessions are remote. There will be hands-on projects; the materials required to complete them will be delivered by our staff to campers’ homes.
- The virtual meetings are going to be done using Zoom as a platform. It will require participants to have access to a computer or phone- we assume most will use Chromebooks – and internet. Devices will likely need to be plugged in during our meetings to stay charged.
- Virtual meetings will include large, whole-group sessions. Small group conversations will be built into the day, facilitated by the counselor staff.
- The three sessions each span two weeks with meetings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week (for a total of six meeting days). Counselors may deliver materials to campers on the “off” days. We hope to build in brief visits between camper and counselor with these deliveries, taking the precautions of outdoor distancing.
- We anticipate contacting campers outside of camp meeting times, which is not the norm. This may be regarding follow-up instructions, changes in zoom links, etc. We hope that registrants will check their email during their session.
Here is information about the registration process:
- We have used Google Forms to capture registration information. There is a separate link for each session so that I can limit the number of registrants.
- After using the Google form to register, we will send families a request for payment and permission forms in the mail. Payment and signed permission will need to be returned to the Lakewood Division of Youth.
- Registration will be first come, first served through the Google forms.
- The fee is $40.00 this year, and financial assistance is available.
The H2O Summer Staff is energized to bring the fun and purpose of camp to life!
Here are the session dates and registration links:
Session One: June 23, 24, 25, 30, July 1, 2
Session Two: July 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23
Session Three: July, 28, 29, 20, August 4, 5, 6
Click here to register for Session Three.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance