Lakewood Fourth of July Park RulesJune 18, 2019
The Fourth of July is big celebration in Lakewood. The day kicks off with the classic Fourth of July Parade on Lake Avenue; live entertainment at the Lakewood Park bandstand; and fireworks after the sun goes down.
After the parade, festivities will continue in Lakewood Park with games, food, activities and information provided by several of Lakewood’s community organizations. At 7 p.m., the Lakewood Project, Lakewood High School’s Youth Rock Orchestra, will perform.
The Fourth of July will conclude following Lakewood’s annual fireworks extravaganza, set to begin at approximately 9:45 p.m.
The fireworks discharge area includes Kiwanis Club Pavilion and Kids’ Cove playground areas, meaning that they will be closed during the entire holiday.
To ensure the events are successful and safe, the city also has a few rules for residents to keep in mind.
“We want citizens and visitors to enjoy Lakewood Park on the Fourth of July,” said Mayor Michael Summers. “With an estimated 20,000 in attendance, it’s easily the busiest day of the year for Lakewood Park. But safety is our No. 1 priority. We added some security measures to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July celebration.”
The following rules will be in effect at Lakewood Park on July 4, 2019:
- For safety purposes, there will be no parking permitted in the Lakewood Park Parking Lot after 5:00 PM. All vehicles in the lot must be moved by 5:00 PM or could be subject to towing.
- All generators, propane and gas fueled grills are prohibited.
- All tents, shelters, and beach umbrellas are prohibited.
- Police may conduct searches of bags and containers for reasons of public safety.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time throughout the year.
- No personal fireworks. This includes novelty fireworks like sparklers and smoke bombs
- No dogs or pets of any kind will be permitted in the park on July 4th.
- The skate park, tennis courts, and basketball courts are expected to close at 7 p.m., but may close earlier.
The Lakewood Fourth of July Parade is scheduled to step off at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 4, 2019 on Lake Avenue at Nicholson Avenue and conclude at Lakewood Park.
Most Popular Pages
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Leaf Collection
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Live Well Lakewood
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Animals In Lakewood
- Public Art