Exterior Renovations at Lakewood Center North to Temporarily Affect Traffic PatternsApril 13, 2017
The extensive renovation at Lakewood Center North is expected to temporarily change the way people get around Detroit Avenue in downtown Lakewood.
However, during the work, at least one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction throughout the construction project.
Here are some other key elements of the traffic control logistics plan:
- There will be a crane on Belle for 1-2 weeks starting 4/18
- There will be a crane on Detroit for 1-2 weeks likely starting the week of 5/8
- The sidewalk in front of Lakewood Center North will be closed while the crane is on Detroit
- Customers of Forage Public House, and tenants of Lakewood Center North will use the rear entrance to the building
- Temporary closure of metered parking spaces will take place throughout the construction on Detroit and Belle
- The RTA bus stop in front of Lakewood Center North will be temporarily moved one block east in front of the church at Marlowe
The overhaul of Lakewood Center North is the latest transformational project to break ground in Downtown Lakewood. Construction has begun on the multi-million project set to transition Lakewood’s largest office building into the city’s largest mixed-use building, to be re-branded as Center North.
Center North, located at 14600 Detroit Avenue, is a 15-floor tower featuring more than 260,000 square feet. Once completed, the building will feature 153 high-end apartments; the top two floors will remain commercial office space, and the first floor will remain retail.
The completion of the city’s newest housing option, a privately invested project, is expected to add as many as 250 residents to Downtown Lakewood.
Most Popular Pages
- E-File Your Taxes
- State of the City Address
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development