This free, family-friendly event in Downtown Lakewood features a holiday parade, lighting ceremony, winter fireworks, live music, ice carvings, hot chocolate, food trucks, children’s games and much more.
Attendees are invited to stroll Lakewood’s downtown district and visit local stores and restaurants while taking in the sights and sounds of one of Northeast Ohio’s largest holiday celebrations. Light Up Lakewood serves as a marquee event for the entire region, having drawn an estimated 20,000 guests last year.
Light Up Lakewood represents a day-long celebration that starts with Lunch with Santa at Dewey’s Pizza from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and doesn’t end until the music stops playing at 8 p.m. Guests’ sensory perceptions will be delighted by the twinkle of holiday lights, the cheerful sounds of carolers and the warmth exuded by the festive, friendly atmosphere.
Highlights include Vendor Village inside the historic Lakewood Masonic Temple, the ever-popular Holiday Parade, which commences at Manor Park at 5 p.m. and ends in front of the Lakewood Public Library, live entertainment provided by bands, choirs, the Lighting Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at the Main Stage at City Center Park and a can’t-miss fireworks show at 7 p.m. over the rooftops of Downtown Lakewood.
Schedule of Events for Light Up Lakewood 2017:
- 11 am – 1 pm – Lunch with Santa at Dewey’s Pizza
- 11 am – 4 pm – Ongoing performances at Lakewood Baptist Church with a surprise visitor
- 3 pm – King and Queen Ceremony at Plantation Home
- 4 pm – Festival Kickoff with Vendor Village at the Lakewood Masonic Temple and the Food Court opening
- 5 pm – Start of Parade at Manor Park and Detroit Avenue, headed westbound on Detroit
- 5:30 – 9 pm – Santa visits Lakewood Public Library
- 6 – 8 pm – Ongoing performances at Lakewood Public Library
- 6:30 pm – Lighting Ceremony at Main Stage at City Center Park (in front of the Marc’s Plaza)
- 7 pm – Fireworks Show
For more information and continued updates, please visit LakewoodAlive.org/LightUpLakewood.