REGULAR MEETINGS OF CITY COUNCIL 1ST & 3RD MONDAYS AT 7:30 P.M.
HELD IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
Click here for entire docket agenda.
OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL – 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
JULY 17, 2017
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and on the City’s website www.onelakewood.com as soon after 4 PM on the Friday before a Council meeting as possible.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading and disposal of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held July 3, 2017.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- Committee of the Whole Report regarding July 17, 2017 Committee meeting on Proposed Third Amended Charter Mr. O’Leary; Chair (To Be Provided)
- ORDINANCE NO. 28-16 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, providing for the submission to the electors of the City of Lakewood, a proposed Third Amended Charter of the City of Lakewood. (PLEASE SUBSTITUTE for ORDINANCE 28-16 placed on first reading and referred to the Committee of the Whole May 16, 2016, 2ND READING June 6, 2016. (Pg. 4)
- Public Works Committee Report regarding Resolution 8937-17. Nowlin; Chair. (Pg. 48)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8937-17 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the Director Public Work to enter into a design-build form of agreement for the design and construction of upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant with Kokosing Industrial in an amount not to exceed $1,300,000. (PLEASE SUBSTITUTE for Resolution 8937-17 referred to the Public Works Committee 6/5/17.) (Pg. 49)
- Communication from Council President O’Leary regarding CAC Appointments. (To Be Provided)
- Communication from Councilmember Litten regarding Scott Koons Reappointment to Lakewood Citizens Advisory Committee. (Pg.86)
- Communication from Mayor Summers regarding 2017 Grand Marshal of the 4th of July Parade. (Pg. 87)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8943-17 – A RESOLUTION to tank Mr. David Stein for participating as the 2017 Grand Marshal in the City of Lakewood 4th of July Parade. (Pg. 88)
- Communication from Mayor Summers regarding retaining McCaulley & Company to advocate for funds. (Pg.89)
- Communication from Law Director Butler regarding Ordinance amending Section 549.01, weapons definitions. (Pg. 90)
- ORDINANCE NO. 29-17 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, amending Section 549.01, Definitions, of the Codified Ordinances for the City of Lakewood in order to provide clarity for the regulation of weapons offenses within the Criminal Code. (Pg. 91)
- Communication from Finance Director Pae regarding 2017 3rd Quarter Transfers. (Pg. 99)
- ORDINANCE NO. 30-17 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five (5) members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the transfer and advance of certain funds. (Pg. 100)
- Communication from Fire Chief Gilman regarding Acceptance of EMS grant funds for 2017. (Pg. 102)
- Communication from Law Director Butler regarding Add-On resolution approving three-year collective bargaining agreement with AFSCME public works union. (Pg. 103)
- RESOLUTION 8944-17 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, ratifying and authorizing the Mayor of the City of Lakewood, Ohio, to enter into an agreement with the Local 1043 (Public Works Unit), AFL-CIO and Ohio Council 8, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees for a three-year period commencing upon January 1, 2017 and ending December 31, 2019. (Pg.104)