REGULAR MEETINGS OF CITY COUNCIL 1ST & 3RD MONDAYS AT 7:30 P.M.
HELD IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
Click here for the entire docket agenda.
OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL – 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
JANUARY 2, 2018
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and on the City’s website www.onelakewood.com as soon after 4 PM on the Friday before a Council meeting as possible.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading & disposal of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held December 18, 2017.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- Elections for President and Vice President of Council.
- Certificates of Election. (Pg. 4)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8963-17 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the Mayor of the City of Lakewood, Ohio, to enter into a First Amendment of the Rockport Square Revitalization Project Tax Financing Agreement dated on or about May 10, 2004 with the Lakewood City School District. (REFERRED TO COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 11/201/7) (Pg. 7)
- Communication from Councilmembers O’Leary, Litten and Bullock and Mayor Summers regarding Animal Control Ordinances; Chapters 505 and 506. (Pg.14)
- ORDINANCE NO. 1-18 – AN ORDINANCE amending various provisions within Chapter 505, Animals and Fowl, and Chapter 506, Dangerous and Vicious Animals, of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood in order to update the code with respect to the regulation of dogs in the City. (Pg. 15)
- Communication from Councilmember Bullock regarding Strengthening Lakewood ordinances to limit light pollution. (Pg. 40)
- ORDINANCE NO. 2-18 – AN ORDINANCE amending various parts of Chapter 1306, Property Maintenance and Safety Code…(Pg. 42)
- Communication from Planning & Development Director Sylvester regarding 2018 State Capital Budget Request. (Pg. 44)
- RESOLUTION 8974-18 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the vote of at least two thirds members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the City of Lakewood to execute and file application request with the State of Ohio for $500,000 of financial assistance through the Capital Budget to be used for the revitalization of Wagar Park. (Pg. 45)
- Communication from Law Director Butler regarding Prison meals. (Pg. 47)
- RESOLUTION 8975-18 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least two thirds of the members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the Purchasing Manager to enter into an agreement for prisoner meals with Discount Drug Mart without the necessity of bidding in accordance with Lakewood Codified Ordinance §111.04(a)(10) in accordance with the City of Lakewood standard purchase order terms and conditions. (Pg. 48)
- Communication from Planning & Development Director Sylvester regarding Authority to sell real property. (Pg. 50)
- ORDINANCE NO. 3-18 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing and directing the Director of Planning and Development or the Mayor to enter into an agreement with Payne and Payne Custom Builders, Inc. for the sale of 2107 Robin Street, Lakewood, Ohio (PPN#315-22-074) and 2111 Robin Street, Lakewood, Ohio (PPN#315-22-120, pursuant to Section 155.07 of the Codified Ordinances. (Pg. 52)
- Liquor Permit Notice for D1, D2, D3, D3A and D6 transfers to Woodford Cabernet Management d/b/a Suchi Rock, 15607 Madison Avenue from Roxu, same address. (Pg.64)