Click here for the entire docket agenda.
OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL – 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
APRIL 16, 2018
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and on the City’s website www.onelakewood.com as soon after 4 PM on the Friday before a Council meeting as possible.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading & disposal of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held April 2, 2018.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- ORDINANCE NO. 25-18 – AN ORDINANCE to amend Section 1105.02 of the Zoning Code of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood by changing and revising the Zoning Map of the City with respect to certain property as set forth and described as 1456 and 1470 Warren Road (PPN 314-04-063), from C4 (Public Schools) to C3 (Commercial, General Business). (REFERRED TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION 4/2/18) (Pg. 4)
- ORDINANCE NO. 26-18 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least two thirds of the members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, amending Section 121.15, Duties of Clerk of Council, of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood in order to codify an obligation to verify training certificates found within the Third Amended Charter. (REFERRED TO THE RULES & ORDINANCES COMMITTEE 4/2/18) (Pg. 7)
- Communication from Mayor Summers, Council President O’Leary, and Planning Director Sylvester regarding Recommended term sheet for One Lakewood Place, the Mixed-Use Development in the Heart of Lakewood. (Pg. 10)
- ORDINANCE NO. 27-18 –AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least two thirds of the members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the execution and delivery of an agreement by and between the City of Lakewood, Ohio, a municipal corporation and political subdivision in and of the State of Ohio (the “City” ), and Carnegie Management and Development Corporation, an Ohio corporation (Carnegie”), related to the development of City-owned property at the southeast corner of Detroit Avenue and Belle Avenue, and authorizing and approving related matters. (Pg13)
- Communication from Councilmember O’Malley regarding Appointment to Lakewood Citizens Advisory Commission. (Pg.30)
- Keep Lakewood Beautiful Home Awards Presentation. (To Be Provided).
- Communication from Human Services Director Gelsomino regarding 2018 ServeOhio Award-H20. (Pg. 31)
- Communication from Public Works Director Beno regarding Authority for Purchasing through Consortiums & Purchasing Organizations. (Pg. 32)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8996-18 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least two thirds of the members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the Director of Finance to enter into an agreement with Buy Board Cooperative Purchasing to continue the efficient purchasing with the City of Lakewood and to permit direct purchasing from said agency without the necessity of advertising and bidding as required in Lakewood Codified Ordinance §111.04, Bidding. (Pg. 33)
- Communication from Public Works Director Beno regarding Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District. (Pg. 35)