Board of Zoning Appeals Meeting The City of Lakewood, Ohio -

Board of Zoning Appeals Meeting


Loading Events

« All Events

Board of Zoning Appeals Meeting

June 20 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm

Pre-Review Meetings start at 6:00 P.M. in the East Conference Room (adjacent to the auditorium) of Lakewood City Hall. Use the rear northeast entrance to the Auditorium.

Review Meetings will commence at 6:30 P.M. in the Auditorium of Lakewood City Hall located at 12650 Detroit Avenue unless otherwise indicated. Use the rear northeast entrance to the Auditorium.

Click here for the entire agenda.

AGENDA
BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS
JUNE 20, 2019
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL

Pre-Review Meeting
6:00 P.M.
EAST CONFERENCE ROOM

REVIEW MEETING
6:30 P.M.
AUDITORIUM 

Roll Call

Approve the minutes of the May 16, 2019 meeting 

Opening Remarks

NEW BUSINESS
Docket No. 06-0919
13984 Clifton Boulevard

Property owner Cody Miller proposes the construction an unroofed patio deck on the roof of an existing first floor porch roof. The allowable height of unroofed patio deck is 42 inches above grade, the owner proposes to place the deck at 162 inches which requires a variance of 120 inches.  Pursuant to Section 1121.03(d).  Property is in a R1H, Single-Family, High Density district.

Docket No. 06-10-19
13880 Edgewater Drive

Property owner Steve Tomasone proposes demolishing the existing primary structure and garage and building a new primary structure with attached garage. The plans show north an unroofed patio deck on the second story north east corner of the primary structure that is 17 ft. long and 8 ft. wide. Maximum allowed height for an unroofed patio deck is 42 inches above grade.  Variance request is for 123 inches to place the unroofed patio deck at 165 inches above grade.  Pursuant to Section 1121.03(d).  Property is in a R1M, Medium-Family, High Density district.

Docket No. 06-11-19
1253 French Avenue 

Property owners Thomas and Colleen Sutcliffe requests the review and approval of two variances:

  • Propose to build a 9 foot by 14 foot screened in porch on the rear of their house. Allowable maximum primary structure lot coverage is 25%.  The proposal would increase the maximum primary lot coverage from the existing 26.25% to a total of 29.3%, an increase of 3.1%.  Pursuant to Section 09(a).
  • Propose the construction of a pergola that is 10 feet wide and 14 feet long. The pergola and the existing 20-foot by 20-foot garage would cover 28.7% of the rear lot; a variance is required to exceed the 25% of rear lot coverage that is allowed by 3.7% or 70 sq. ft.  Pursuant to Section 09(c).

Property is in a R1H, Single-Family, High Density district.

Docket No. 06-12-19
1293 French Avenue 

Property owner John Zappala is tearing down the existing primary structure and proposing to build a new primary structure and a new garage.  Proposed new garage would exceed the allowable rear lot coverage of 25% by 6% for total rear lot coverage of 31%.  Pursuant to Section 1121.09(c). Property is in a R1H, Single-Family, High Density district.

Docket No. 06-13-19
1306 Giel Avenue 

Property owner Greg Kalata proposes to build a pergola that is 18 feet long and 16 feet wide behind the primary structure. the proposed structure will increase the total rear lot coverage of 25% by 3.4% for a total rear lot coverage of 28.4%.  Pursuant to Section 1121.09(c).  Property is in a R1H, Single-Family, High Density district.

Docket No. 06-14-19
1608 Onondaga Avenue

Bonnie Smith, RA, applicant requests the review and approval of four variances:

Demolish a small existing addition and replacing it with 180 square foot addition.

  • Proposal would exceed the maximum allowable lot coverage of 25% by 54.3 square feet or 4.5% for a total lot coverage of 29.5%. Pursuant to section 1121.09(a).
  • Proposed addition will decrease the required rear yard depth from 40 feet to 25 feet. The request is to reduce the rear yard depth from 40 feet to 25 feet.  Pursuant to section 1121.07.
  • Propose to demolish existing garage and build a new 12 foot by 20 foot garage and place it 12 inches from the north side property line. Request is to reduce the required setback from 18 inches to 12 inches on the north side property line.  Pursuant to section 1121.10(a)
  • Propose to demolish existing garage and rebuild a new 12 foot by 20 foot garage and place it 12 inches from the rear property line. Accessory structures are required to be placed 18 inches from the side and rear property lines.  Request is to reduce the setback from 18 inches to 12 inches on the rear property line.  Pursuant to section 1121.10(a)(2).

Property is in a R1H, Single-Family, High Density district.

ADJOURN

Details

Date:
June 20
Time:
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm