OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL – 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
NOVEMBER 2, 2015
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and on the City’s website www.onelakewood.com as soon after 4 PM on the Friday before a Council meeting as possible.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading & disposal of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held October 19, 2015.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- Committee of the Whole Report regarding 11/2/15 Committee Meeting; Ms. Madigan; Chair (To Be Provided)
- Public Safety Committee Report regarding 10/19/15 Committee Meeting. Mr. Bullock; Chair (To Be Provided)
- ORDINANCE NO. 29-15 – An Ordinance to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, to approve the editing and inclusion of certain ordinances and resolutions as parts of the various component codes of the Codified Ordinances and to provide for the publication of such new matter. (PLACED ON 1ST READING 10/5/15, 2 ND READING 10/19/15) (Pg. 4)
- Finance Committee Report regarding Ordinance 30-15 & 31-15. Nowlin; Chair. (To Be Provided)
- ORDINANCE NO. 30-15 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, amending Ordinance 43-14, adopted December 15, 2014, authorizing the Mayor (Director of Public Safety), the Director of Public Works, the Director of Law, the Director of Finance, and/or the Purchasing Manager to enter into contracts for professional services, and to advertise for bids and enter into contracts for the purchase of repair maintenance and operating supplies, services and equipment as authorized by the 2015 Appropriation Ordinance and the Administrative Code of the City of Lakewood with the lowest and best bidder or bidders or as otherwise provided by law. (PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE 10/5/15, 2nd READING 10/19/15)(Pg. 6)
- ORDINANCE NO. 31-15 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect on January 1, 2016 provided it receives the vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, amending Chapter 128, Municipal Income Tax, of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood for the purpose of meeting the mandates for municipal tax codes contained in Sub. H.B. 5, in which the 130th General Assembly comprehensively amended Chapter 718 of the Ohio Revised Code and reformed the imposition of municipal income taxes. (PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE 10/19/15),. (Pg. 12)
- ORDINANCE NO. 32-15 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, to provide for creating positions and rates of pay for full-time and certain part-time annual salaried employees and hourly rate employees not covered by a collective bargaining agreement in the several departments, divisions and offices the City of Lakewood, including the Chief of Fire, Chief of Police and Civil Service Commissioners. (1ST READING & REFERRED TO FINANCE COMMITTEE 10/19/15) (Pg. 92)
- Communication from Councilmember O’Leary regarding Edgewater Sewer Separation Project. (Pg. 98)
- Communication from Law Director Butler regarding Revision of legislation to permit bicyclists in Clifton Boulevard bus lanes. (Pg.99)
- Communication from Law Director Butler regarding Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into agreement with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health for the provision of public health services in Lakewood in 2016. (Pg.100)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8827-15 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with the District Advisory Council of Cuyahoga County, Ohio General Health District for the provision of public health services within the City of Lakewood in an amount not to exceed $204,354.00 for a one-year period commencing January 1, 29016. (Pg. 101)
- Liquor Permit Application for D5 and D6 transfers to Burgers 2 Beer from Eddie and Eddie; 14725 Detroit Avenue. (Pg. 103).
- Liquor Permit Application for D5 and D6 TRANSFERS TO Sarita A Restaurant from Players; 14523-27 Madison Avenue. (Pg. 104).