City Hall is open by appointment. The Lakewood Municipal Court will continue to operate during their posted hours. Those with business before the Court will be permitted to enter as usual. Anyone entering a city building is required to wear a mask or other face covering
All departments and divisions are working and can be reached by their normal telephone numbers and email addresses. For a list of city department contact information, click here. While we do have staff working from home, phone calls and emails are being answered and voicemail messages are being returned.
The following is a listing of updates/closures by Department:
- Lakewood’s Human Services Department has cancelled senior programming and closed the Lawther Senior Center and the congregate dining at Fedor Manor. They are offering many programs virtually. Click here to see a list of their virtual programming. If a senior has questions or concerns, they can call the Senior Center at 216-521-1515.
- The Lakewood Animal Shelter is closed. If there is an animal concern, such as a dog running at large, individuals can contact Animal Control at (216) 529-5020 or the non-emergency police number at (216) 521-6773.
- All early childhood programs offered at the Lakewood Family Room and the East End Family Room at Fedor have been cancelled.
Housing & Building
- Division of Housing and Building will be open by appointment only. Please call (216) 529-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- The Division of Housing & Building is now offering Remote Inspections whenever possible. Click here for more information.
- The Lakewood Municipal Court will resume its regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) within City Hall beginning June 1, 2020. Unless otherwise permitted by the court, access to the building is limited to attorneys, parties and witnesses for all court proceedings.
Planning & Development
- The Planning and Development Department has established a web page for Lakewood businesses with resources for businesses affected by COVID-19. Click here to view the web page.
- The Lakewood Police Department has suspended rush hour parking enforcement. This will be in alignment with the Governor’s Stay at Home Order. They will not be enforcing the rush hours parking rules until at least 4/30. Polices will be reviewed again at that time.
Refuse & Recycling
The Refuse and Recycling Drop Off Center located at 12920 Berea Road will amend the hours of operation to Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for residents of Lakewood to drop off household and bulk garbage, yard waste, and recyclables.
- The Refuse and Recycling Drop Off Center located at 12920 Berea Road will amend the hours of operation to Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for residents of Lakewood to drop off household and bulk garbage, yard waste, and recyclables.
- Beginning on April 11, the Drop Off Center will be open on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. Residents should bring their driver’s license or other I.D. to verify their Lakewood residency.
- The City is asking residents to help the Refuse and Recycling Department safely maintain collection services. If you live on the side of the street with parking, please consider placing your garbage and recycle toters in your driveway apron.
- Residents are asked to fit as much material as possible in their respective toters. Please break down cardboard and bag all garbage.
- The IRS tax filing deadline has been extended until July 15, 2020.
- The Ohio tax deadline has been extended until July 15, 2020.
- The Lakewood Tax Office will also extend their deadline to July 15, 2020 but encourages people to get their returns in early, if possible.
- There will be no water shut-offs for non-payment during this pandemic. If you are behind on paying your water bill, payment plans are available.
- Residents are reminded not to flush wipes (including the ones that say they are flushable), paper towels, facial tissues, baby wipes, feminine hygiene products, etc. down the toilet. These items can clog sewers and cause sewage back-up into your home. Please throw these items into the trash. Click here for more information.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Tax Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance