City of Lakewood: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response UpdateApril 24, 2020
The City of Lakewood continues to adjust in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
“Public health and safety are my top priorities,” said Mayor George. “I am encouraged by the progress we are making in Ohio to flatten the curve. However, I have also seen the number of COVID-19 cases in Lakewood steadily increase each week in data released by the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. We live in the most densely populated community in Ohio. That makes Lakewood exceptional and, as such, we must take exceptional steps to protect ourselves. I am taking every precaution possible to protect the citizens of Lakewood from COVID-19. I recognize the costs to our community and I am still resolved that this is the right course for us to protect our own health and our neighbors’.”
All City-sponsored events are canceled through May 31, 2020. In addition, the following events are canceled:
- KLB Spring Humus Sale & Adopt-Spot Flower Pick-up scheduled for May 16, 2020 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. at Lakewood Park.
- All pavilion rentals are canceled through May 31st.
In addition, the City and the Lakewood Early Childhood PTA, have jointly decided to cancel Meet the Trucks, scheduled for Saturday, June 6th at Lakewood Park.
While final decisions have not been made about other events beyond May 31st, there is a strong likelihood that there will be more cancellations.
- City buildings will remain closed through May 31st, except by appointment. The Lakewood Municipal Court will continue to operate within City Hall during the Court’s posted hours. Those with business before the Court will be permitted to enter as usual. Please visit the Court’s website at www.lakewoodcourtoh.com/ for updates.
- City pavilions are closed and public and private events have been canceled through May 31st.
- Playgrounds and park restrooms will remain closed through May 31st. Parks are open to the public with the requirement of social distancing and no group gatherings.
Please visit www.onelakewood.com/coronavirus and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for further updates and alerts. Additionally, you can find more information at the following links:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Ohio Department of Health: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health: ccbh.net/coronavirus
The City of Lakewood has established a phone number featuring a recording of daily updates. Call 216-227-3240 to hear the latest coronavirus/COVID-19 news from the City. You can also register for Cuyahoga County’s ReadyNotify notification system, used by the City of Lakewood for public alerts https://ready.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/ReadyNotify.aspx. The Ohio Department of Health has also set up a call center to answer questions regarding the Coronavirus. The call center is open seven days a week, from 9am to 8pm and can be reached at 1-833-427-5634.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Tax Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance