The City of Lakewood, Department of Planning and Development (P&D) requests qualifications from firms to rehabilitate and adaptively reuse properties for projects around the city of Lakewood.
The city is open to a variety of creative partnership structures leading toward bringing properties back to life and contributing to the vibrancy of the city.
As always, developments teams are invited to submit a package of qualifications.
The City of Lakewood requests experienced developers to submit their qualifications to construct an infill housing project in the city’s West End neighborhood that advances the core principles of the City’s Community Vision.
City of Lakewood at a glance+-
The City of Lakewood, Ohio, is an inner-ring street car suburb of Cleveland. Nearly 52,000 people live within our 5.53 square mile community. Lakewood’s economy is large, diverse, and local. It is made up of primarily small businesses that are agile and thriving.
- Lakewood’s largest collective employer are small businesses – 75% of the 12,000 workers in Lakewood are employed by small businesses
- 100 small businesses have either opened or gone through a major renovation in the last 4 years
- Since 2008 Lakewood has seen a total private commercial investment of upwards of $100MM
- $2 MM dollar Solstice Steps project completed in 2015
- $80 MM dollar school renovation projects to complete fall 2017
Maintaining and enhancing the built environment in Lakewood’s downtown district has steadily grown our economic capacity. Downtown Lakewood will remain vibrant and active in the coming years.
- $32 MM dollar Family Health Care Center proposed fall of 2016
- Transformational 6 acre redevelopment site adjacent to Curtis Block
- 91% Commercial Occupancy Rate on Detroit Ave
Fostering a vibrant downtown district leads to continued reinvestment and redevelopment. Adapting existing structures, like the Curtis Block, preserves community character while creating dynamic new spaces for growth within the fabric of the streetscape.