As passed by Lakewood City Council and the Lakewood Planning Commission, the Lakewood Community Vision is a picture of the desired future for the City of Lakewood in terms of broad goals in six areas: Commercial Development, Community Wellness, Education & Culture, Housing, Mobility, and Safety.
- We envision a community that is a great place to live; a community that cares about the environment; a community that maintains a high quality of development.
- We envision a housing market that is stable and provides for moderate growth in housing values.
- We envision adequate housing opportunities for the City’s economically and culturally diverse residents.
- We envision a high-quality housing stock that is diverse in style and is well maintained through proactive code enforcement and community home improvement programs.
- We envision a providing the finest variety of educational choices, resources and opportunities.
- We envision a growing and diverse business sector that provides residents with a wide range of products and competitive services.
- We envision a vibrant and attractive business environment that focuses on the community’s accessibility, the availability of business support services, and which has a well-trained work force.
- We envision a long-range economic development strategy that encourages economic growth and supports small businesses.
- We envision a community that has cooperative, progressive, and responsive leadership; and which provides a high level of service to residents.
For more about the community vision, check out vision.onelakewood.com.