City Hall Annex Building Will Be Closed For In-Person Visits Effective March 16thMarch 13, 2020
After careful consideration and to ensure the safety of City of Lakewood residents and employees during the state of emergency declared by Governor DeWine, the Lakewood City Hall Annex building, located across from City Hall at 12805 Detroit Avenue, will be closed to in-person visits effective Monday, March 16th, until further notice. This building houses the Division of Tax, Division of Utility Billing, and the Division of Vital Statistics. These divisions will be staffed for phone calls and email inquiries during normal business hours.
The City offers multiple options for you to file and submit your tax return, as follows:
E-file and payment
- File and pay your return online by clicking here, no drop off or mailing needed
If assistance is needing in completing the tax return, please check the box on the L-1 form that states you would like the City to calculate your tax. Submit the form to our office with the appropriate documents such as W-2s, 1099s, page 1 of the Federal 1040, and Schedules 1, C, E, F, and K-1, if applicable. Please be advised we are extending the short form deadline from March 15th to match the Federal deadline.
- Prepare your return and print the completed form to submit with the required documents and payment if necessary
Blank individual tax forms
- Print from our website
- Pick up at Lakewood Public Library Main Branch and Madison Branch
- Call the office at 216-529-6620 and we will mail a form to you
If assistance is needing in completing the tax return, please check the box on the L-1 form that states you would like the City to calculate your tax. Submit the form to our office with the appropriate forms such as W-2s, 1099’s, page 1 of the Federal 1040, and Schedules 1, C, E, F, and K-1, if applicable.
- E-file and pay through the website, no drop off or mailing needed at this link: http://www.onelakewood.com/accordions/e-preparation-service/
- Send by U.S. Postal Service mail
- Drop off at drop-box located on the Alameda side of the Annex building
- The office will be staffed for questions and payments over the phone at 216-529-6620. Please see the FAQs on this page for further information.
To make a payment for your water bill you may:
- Pay by phone with a credit or debit card by calling 216-529-6820 and choose Option 2.
- Mail payment made by check or money order to our office directly or to our P.O. Box
City of Lakewood –
Division of Utility Billing
PO Box 77047
Cleveland, OH 44194-7047
- In-person drop-off at the drop-box located on the Alameda side of the Annex building.
- Pay online through an Automated Clearing House (ACH) electronic funds transfer.
Burial permits (funeral directors only) available by appointment only. Please call ahead.
To request a birth or death certificate, please call 216-529-7690.
Please check the websites listed below for more information, particularly for tax return filing. As further information develops, the City will react accordingly. Additionally, residents should check www.onelakewood.com and follow us on social media for further alerts.
Division of Municipal Income Tax – http://www.onelakewood.com/municipal-income-tax/
Division of Utility Billing – http://www.onelakewood.com/payment-taxes/pay-your-water-bill/
Division of Vital Statistics – http://www.onelakewood.com/findget/birthdeath-records/
Contact phone numbers
Division of Municipal Income Tax – 216-529-6620
Division of Utility Billing – 216-529-6820
Division of Vital Statistics – 216-529-7690
Division of Municipal Income Tax – email@example.com
As a reminder, the City asks that residents take common-sense precautions such as:
- Wash your hands with soap and water every two hours, and always for at least 20 seconds each time
- Practice social distancing (stay at least six feet away from people whenever possible)
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
The City has advised all employees that they should stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including temperature over 100.4 degrees. In addition, the City has ordered hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, and disinfectant sprays for all departments to assist with keeping surface areas clean, especially those that are public-facing.
Residents should check www.onelakewood.com and follow us on social media for further alerts regarding the cancellation of City meetings or events.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, residents should visit the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
- Ohio Department of Health: https://odh.ohio.gov
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health: https://www.ccbh.net/coronavirus/
The Ohio Department of Health has also set up a call center to answer questions regarding the Coronavirus. The call center is open seven days a week, from 9am to 8pm and can be reached at 1-833-427-5634.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Snow Reminders
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance