City of Lakewood: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response UpdateMarch 18, 2020
Pursuant the direction of state and federal officials in response to COVID-19, Mayor George has announced that Lakewood City Hall will be closed to the public until further notice unless you have an appointment with a city department. The operations of Lakewood Municipal Court will continue to operate on a limited basis within City Hall. Those with business before the Court will be permitted to enter as usual. All other visitors must have an appointment with a city official.
If you are scheduled to appear in the Lakewood Court in the near future, contact your attorney for further instructions. If you do not have an attorney, you may submit a written request for a continuance by fax, (216-529-7687), email (email@example.com), regular mail, or by personal delivery to the court. Payments can be made on-line through the court website.
In addition to the announcement that city hall will be closed to the public until further notice, here is a listing of the most recent updates:
- Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an order to close all barbershops, beauty salons, tattoo parlors, hair and nail salons across the state.
- Additionally, the Governor ordered the closing of all but five of the state’s BMV locations.
- Cuyahoga County has established a Coronavirus hotline. Individuals can call 1-855-711-3035 with questions about the Coronavirus. This hotline is in addition to the Ohio Department of Health’s call center (216) 1-833-427-5634 and MetroHealth’s help line (440)-592-6843.
- The City of Lakewood has set up a website to provide accurate information and resources for Lakewood businesses affected by COVID-19. The website address is onelakewood.com/covid19businessresources.
As a reminder, the City asks that residents take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands with soap and water every two hours, and always for at least 20 seconds each time
- Practice social distancing (stay at least six feet away from people whenever possible)
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, residents should visit the following websites:
Most Popular Pages
- E-File Your Taxes
- State of the City Address
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development