CHN, EDEN Announce Details of COVID-19 Rental AssistanceJuly 01, 2020
Cuyahoga County residents who have lost income due to COVID-19 and need help paying their rent can now call 1-833-377-7368. They can also apply for assistance online at www.neorenthelp.org. This is a grant, not a loan, with up to three months of rent paid for those who qualify, based on their household income and need.
Eligible households are those earning 120% of Area Median Income or less, which is up to $90,000 in annual income for a family of four.
Eligible applicants will receive up to three months of rental assistance which will be paid directly to the landlord. Priority is given based on criteria such as eviction status, accurate information and complete documentation.
Residents should go online to www.neorenthelp.org in order to apply. They must have specific documentation to qualify.
Required documents include:
- Verification of COVID-19 related hardship (loss of income, illness or increased expenses)
- Photo identification for all adults in the home
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Proof of income (tax returns, paystubs or fixed income benefit award letter)
- Lease agreement
- Proof of citizenship
- Most recent utility bills (for those also applying for utility assistance)
Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
CHN will also screen applicants for utility assistance programs that may help make their electric, gas and water/sewer bills more affordable. Those who qualify for rental assistance, may be required to attend more in-depth financial counseling, provided by CHN, as a condition for rental assistance.
A hotline has been set up to answer questions. That number is 833-377-RENT (7368). No applications can be taken over the phone. Residents are encouraged to apply online at www.neorenthelp.org. Applications can also be submitted online from a mobile phone. A paper application can be printed out and completed. Those can be emailed to email@example.com or left in the rental assistance drop box at CHN’s offices located on the first floor of 2999 Payne Avenue (Room 134).
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Snow Reminders
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance