Building Inspections During COVID-19 State of EmergencyMarch 13, 2020
After careful consideration and to ensure the safety of City of Lakewood residents and employees during the state of emergency declared by Governor DeWine, the City of Lakewood Building Department is suspending all non-essential interior inspections until further notice. Additionally, the Building Department is suspending interior complaint inspections that do not have a life-safety component. The Building Department will resume these inspections when the current COVID-19 state of emergency has passed. This suspension of inspections is for the protection of the public as well as Building Department personnel.
Scheduled property maintenance and safety inspections will be canceled until further notice.
The Building Department asks that any non-critical permit inspection be postponed until April 3rd, at the earliest, due to the COVID-19 health crisis. The Building Department is investigating methods to complete “remote” inspections, especially those not involving life-safety.
As a reminder, the City asks that residents take common-sense precautions such as:
- Wash your hands with soap and water every two hours, and always for at least 20 seconds each time
- Practice social distancing (stay at least six feet away from people whenever possible)
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
The City has advised all employees that they should stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including temperature over 100.4 degrees. In addition, the City has ordered hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, and disinfectant sprays for all departments to assist with keeping surface areas clean, especially those that are public-facing.
Residents should check www.onelakewood.com and follow us on social media for further alerts regarding the cancellation of City meetings or events.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, residents should visit the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
- Ohio Department of Health: https://odh.ohio.gov
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health: https://www.ccbh.net/coronavirus/
The Ohio Department of Health has also set up a call center to answer questions regarding the Coronavirus. The call center is open seven days a week, from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and can be reached at 1-833-427-5634.
Most Popular Pages
- E-File Your Taxes
- State of the City Address
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Food Trucks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Biking Lakewood
- Minutes / Agendas
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development