Building Department Now Offering Remote InspectionsMarch 24, 2020
The City of Lakewood Division of Housing & Building is now offering Remote Inspections whenever possible.
They are currently able to provide remote inspections for mechanical, plumbing, and non-structural building inspections.
To schedule inspections, contact your assigned inspector or follow the instructions below, the assigned inspector will let you know what specific details are needed to complete the inspection.
Each Remote Inspection requires:
- A photo of the front of the house/building showing the address
- A copy of the permit.
- A copy of the permit must be present in each picture taken/submitted for inspection.
Inspections requests will be answered within four business days.
Regrettably, all large-scale projects, fire protection systems, and electrical inspections will require in-person field inspections. We will take every measure to practice physical distancing to keep our citizens, contractors, and staff safe.
- Log in to the portal https://www2.citizenserve.com/lakewoodoh
- Do not create a new account, if you do not know your username and/or password, use the FORGOT MY USERNAME and FORGOT MY PASSWORD functions to access your account.
- Under My Account click the permit number you are requesting an inspection for
- Click Request An Inspection left menu and select Remote Inspection
- Fill out the required fields on the inspection request
- Press Submit
Please note: City Hall’s doors will be locked at 12:00 PM starting today. The dropbox for plans, plan review, and permit applications is located outside the main entrance. After you drop off your paperwork be sure the tote is securely closed.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Snow Reminders
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance