Gathering with neighbors
Block parties are something of a tradition in Lakewood. If your street is interested in having a block party, you must first obtain a permit from the Division of Streets. Interested in having a special event? Send an email, or call the police department at 216-521-6773.
Block Party Rules & Regulations
- A Block Party permit must be obtained at least 2 weeks prior to the event. Click here for block party permit application.
- Permits are issued on a first come, first serve basis. Permits may be limited to a maximum number per weekend.
- The Block Party Chairperson is responsible for setting up, taking down and securing of block party barricades.
- All barricades must be removed by sunset.
- Street must always be accessible to safety forces.
- No permits will be issued for Main and Secondary Main streets (i.e. Madison, Franklin, Hilliard, Detroit, Clifton, Bunts, Warren, etc.)
- If your street has not had a block party in past 3 years, a Block Party Survey is required. 75% of all residences on the street must sign the survey in favor of a block party. After verification of survey, a permit will be issued. Download Block Party Survey.
- No alcohol is permitted on public property (street, tree lawn and sidewalk).
Any further questions or concerns should be directed to Division of Streets/Forestry at (216) 529-6810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Popular Pages
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facing Addiction
- Mayor's Letter on Clean Water Lakewood: Road Ahead
- Accountability & Sound Governance