Here’s how it works
- The Board of Building Standards reviews applications for variances to the city’s Building Code.
- The Architectural Board of Review considers architectural proposal for commercial and residential properties.
- The Sign Review Board reviews all sign proposals, including those that require a variance.
- The Planning Commission reviews requests for lot consolidations, lot splits, major and minor subdivisions, determination of similar and conditional use.
- The seven-member Loan Approval Board reviews and approves applications for the various rehabilitation programs offered by the City of Lakewood’s Division of Community Development (DCD).
- The Board of Zoning Appeals reviews applications for variances to the zoning code.
- The Lakewood Heritage Advisory Board has been established to serve in an advisory capacity for the purpose of educating, informing, and making recommendations to City Officials, Departments, Boards and Commissions, and the community on matters relating to historic preservation.
For more information about any of the boards or commissions, or to see past agendas or related materials, call the planning department at 216-529-6630.
Here’s the applications for the city’s boards and commissions:
- Application to serve on Board/Commission
- Architectural Board of Review/Sign Review Board/Board of Building Standards Application
- Board of Zoning Appeals Application
- Lakewood Planning Commission Application
Want to get involved?
The city of Lakewood is always looking for good men and women to serve on these volunteer-driven boards and commissions.
If you’re interested, please check out the application to serve on Board/Commission.