Lakewood is an equal opportunity employer. Have a look at the current job openings; fill out an application; and return by email or deliver it to Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH, 44107.
Current Job Openings
Chief Mechanic, Wastewater Treatment Plant+-
The City of Lakewood is currently seeking a Chief Mechanic for the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Qualified candidates must have a wide variety of mechanical aptitude, skills and experience. This full time bargaining unit position will pay $25.20 – $27.75/hour with normal working hours of 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
LEADERSHIP: must have the ability to direct by example the daily operations of all Mechanics and Maintenance Workers throughout the entire workday; must have the ability to prioritize, assign and oversee all daily preventative and reactive tasks performed by the maintenance unit employees; must keep a continuous flow of tasks performance by all maintenance worker unit employees; must be able and willing to verbally and physically instruct all wastewater employees on how to properly perform or assist with the performance of maintenance tasks; must oversee the general order and daily operation of the maintenance/machine shop; must be willing to assist in troubleshooting and correcting problems that may occur in other City divisions.
- ELECTRICAL: must be proficient in the installation and diagnostics of equipment using 480 Volt 3 phase industrial current; must be able to install, align and maintain electric motors up to 200 hp; must be able to install, maintain and diagnose motor control centers and process equipment control panels; must be able to install rigid and PVC conduit up to 2” diameter; must be able to calculate and install proper gauge wiring for process equipment applications.
- ELECTRONICS: must be proficient in diagnosing voltages and amperages used in process equipment instrumentation and have the capability to repair defects; must have the ability to install, setup, maintain and diagnose variable frequency controllers.
- MECHANICAL: must have the ability to use all types of manual and power operated hand tools; must have the ability to diagnose and repair all types of mechanical defects; must be able to repair and replace all types of bearings, couplers, mechanical seals and sealant packing; must have the ability to install new and replacement process equipment; must have the ability to perform general carpentry and concrete fabrication and repairs.
- MACHINING: must be able to set up and operate lathes and milling machines in order to repair and/or manufacture process equipment components including but not limited to pump shafts, shaft sleeves, pump housings, impellers and gears.
- PLUMBING: must be proficient in the installation and repairing of plumbing (water, gas and semi solids) using copper, galvanized, black, PVC and ductile piping up to 24” in diameter.
- WELDING: must have the ability to use gas, arc and mig welders in order to install and repair process equipment; must have the ability to use plasma cutting equipment.
- HVAC: must have the ability to mechanically maintain the two (2) digester heat exchangers including their control systems; must have the ability to maintain the supplemental digester electric heat exchanger including its control system; must have the ability to maintain various small electrical heaters located in outlying buildings.
- FABRICATION: must have the ability to work from sketches, blueprints and oral instructions; must have the ability to fabricate pump shafts and shaft sleeves; must have the ability to fabricate control panels using electrical, electronic, mechanical and machining skills.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT: must be able to work in tanks, pits and wells while observing proper safety measures; must be able to work around chemicals and chemical feed systems; must be able to work with daily exposure to heat, dust, pungent odors and fumes; must be able to periodically lift weights up to 75 lbs.; must be able to work off of ladders and work platforms.
- PARTS/EQUIPMENT ORDERING: must have the ability to research and order parts and equipment utilizing proper City purchasing guidelines; must be able to communicate with vendors and manufacturer representatives of the various equipment used throughout the facility; must have the ability to assist management with capital equipment specification development.
- RECORD-KEEPING: must have the ability to keep neat and accurate records including but not limited to the following: supplies ordered and used, personnel and time utilized in performing specific tasks; must have the ability to enter maintenance data utilizing computerized software.
- SAFETY: must be able to run and maintain a safe maintenance work environment in accordance with OSHA standards; must insure that all maintenance tasks are performed using proper equipment and safety standards; must insure that all facility equipment and tools have required operational safe guards installed and operational.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must obtain and maintain a minimum of at least a Class I Wastewater Operators Certification as issued by the Ohio EPA within 6 months of Ohio EPA eligibility
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical examination with drug screen and police background investigation.
- Employee may be required to work overtime pursuant to the provisions of Article 5 and Article 15 of the current negotiated agreement. Applicants may be reassigned as required.
- Interested applicants should submit a current resume and an application form (obtained from the Department of Human Resources or found on www.onelakewood.com) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
- Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
School Crossing Guard+-
The City of Lakewood is seeking applicants for the part-time (approximately 2 hours per day) position of School Crossing Guard. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED and be able to satisfactorily complete a physical examination, including drug screening, and police background check. Salary $12.29 per hour.
The Office of Human Resources provides high quality professional services in the areas of human resources management, recruitment, labor relations, employee training and development, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, performance management, Workers Compensation risk management and licensure oversight and regulatory compliance. All efforts undertaken by the Office of Human Resources will ensure that employees and citizens are treated with respect and dignity.
Still have questions? Send the HR department an email, call 216-529-6611, or send a fax to 216-529-5669.