Lakewood is an equal opportunity employer. Have a look at the current job openings; fill out an application; and return by email or deliver it to Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH, 44107.
The Office of Human Resources provides high quality professional services in the areas of human resources management, recruitment, labor relations, employee training and development, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, performance management, Workers Compensation risk management and licensure oversight and regulatory compliance. All efforts undertaken by the Office of Human Resources will ensure that employees and citizens are treated with respect and dignity.
Still have questions? Send the HR department an email, call 216-529-6611, or send a fax to 216-529-5669.
Current Job Openings
Corrections Officer Lakewood Police Department (Part-Time, Non-Union Position)+-
The City of Lakewood is currently accepting applications for the position of Corrections Officer. This at-will position is primarily responsible for the supervision and control of male and female prisoners housed in the Lakewood City Jail Facility. Starting hourly rate is $16.44 per hour (includes $.80/hr for LEADS Certification)
Qualified applicants will possess the knowledge, experience and ability to perform the following essential job functions:
- Completes all forms, including form 1’s for transportation of prisoners to hospital, CCSO, LCSO, etc.
- Complete mittimus from court, and enters all information in computerized booking system.
- Photographs all prisoners in accordance with departmental policy.
- Prepares and serves all meals to prisoners.
- Maintain accurate inventory of prisoner belongings.
- Assures medical attention is received by prisoners who are in need and any medication is dispensed as ordered.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring daily hygiene routine for all prisoners.
- Orders Jail food as necessary.
- Prepares monthly and yearly reports of jail activities, supplies, costs, etc.
- Responsible for the day to day operations and upkeep of the Lakewood Jail.
- Ensures that all jail functions are performed in accordance with departmental policy and state law.
- Maintains security of cell block and control over prisoner’s activities at all times, checking all prisoners every ten to thirty minutes.
- Receives and books incoming prisoners.
- Ensures that cell can cell block is clean and sanitary.
- Provides court testimony as necessary regarding incidents which occur in the Lakewood Jail Facility.
- Maintains complete records on each individual detained as a prisoner.
- Supervises all visitors.
- Maintains inventory of all jail food, blankets, mattresses and other items required for operation of the jail.
- Responsible for assisting in the rescue and evacuation of prisoners in the event of an emergency.
- Must possess Certificate from the State of Ohio to work in a 12-day Facility;
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain LEADS/NCIC Certification within 2 weeks of hire;
- Must possess computer data entry skills;
- Must be a High School Graduate or possess a GED;
- Must possess a current CPR certificate;
- Must be able to maintain composure under extremely stressful circumstances; and
- Must be able to handle self in a very tough environment.
- This position requires flexibility of scheduling. The selected candidate must be available to work any shift/hours on any day, Monday – Sunday.
- The hiring process includes a polygraph exam, a background check, drug screening and/or a physical agility exam.
- Apply on line at www.onelakewood.com or submit an application form (found on the website) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
School Crossing Guard+-
The City of Lakewood is seeking applicants for the part-time (approximately 2 hours per day) position of School Crossing Guard. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED and be able to satisfactorily complete a physical examination, including drug screening, and police background check. Salary $12.29 per hour.