Lakewood is an equal opportunity employer. Have a look at the current job openings; fill out an application; and return by email or deliver it to Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH, 44107.
The Office of Human Resources provides high quality professional services in the areas of human resources management, recruitment, labor relations, employee training and development, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, performance management, Workers Compensation risk management and licensure oversight and regulatory compliance. All efforts undertaken by the Office of Human Resources will ensure that employees and citizens are treated with respect and dignity.
Still have questions? Send the HR department an email, call 216-529-6611, or send a fax to 216-529-5669.
Current Job Openings
Security Guard/Woman’s Club Pavilion+-
Part-time as needed opportunity at Lakewood Park Woman’s Club Pavilion
Pay Rate: $12.50 / hour
Works under the supervision of the Department of Parks and Public Properties
Hours: Varies could be any day of the week, any hours between 7:00am and 11:00pm
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with the public.
- Must be able to assess critical situations and work alone.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Be visible to the public.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points.
- Must successfully pass drug screening and background check.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates will find the application to print or apply on-line at http://www.onelakewood.com Printed applications may be mailed to the Department of Human Resources located at the Lakewood City Hall, 12650 Detroit Ave., Lakewood, OH 44107. All applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CITY OF LAKEWOOD POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT|
FULL-TIME BUILDING INSPECTOR 1 or 2
HOUSING & BUILDING
The City of Lakewood is currently accepting applications for a full-time Building Inspector 1or Building Inspector 2 position. Building Inspectors conduct inspections of new and existing structures ensuring code and ordinance compliance, identifying code violations, issuing permits and certificates of occupancy utilizing their knowledge of building codes, plans examination and experience in construction and/or renovation of commercial and/or residential units. Normal working hours are between 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.
Licensing requirements for Building Inspector 1:
- OBBS Building Inspector Certification (BI)*
- Residential Building Inspector (RBI)*
And one of the following
- Electrical Safety Inspector (ESI)*
- Plumbing Inspector (PI)*
* Valid interim at time of hire may be considered. Full certification must be obtained within 12 months of appointment.
Licensing Requirements for Building Inspector 2:
- OBBS Building Inspector Certification (BI)
And one of the following
- Electrical Safety Inspector (ESI)
- Plumbing Inspector (PI)
Qualified applicants will possess the knowledge, experience and ability to perform the following essential job functions:
- Ability to communicate effectively, interact with the public within the community to provide information and to problem solve and communicate orally with staff and the general public;
- Have knowledge of building code inspection, plans examination and experience in construction and/or renovation of commercial and/or residential units;
- The ability to conduct inspections of new and existing structures, including ensuring code and ordinance compliance, identifying code violations, issuing permits and certificates of occupancy;
- Be able to communicate construction techniques and procedures to property owners and contractors;
- Have the ability to maintain and submit all inspection records, issue violation letters and citations;
- Have the ability and knowledge to verify compliance of construction work with approved construction documents, investigate complaints and respond to requests related to building and property maintenance;
- Must have the ability to inspect fire damage;
- Possess the skill to read and interpret construction documents and maps;
- Be able to prepare clear and concise reports and correspondence utilizing information technology with Microsoft Office, mobile applications and proprietary software;
- Work independently in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines and follow up on assignments;
- Possess the ability to lead, direct, assign, delegate job assignments, work with and assign personnel to duties, tasks and equipment in day-to-day operations as necessary including the capability to work effectively and professionally with employees, contractors, vendors and the public.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; ascend and descend stairs, scaffolding and ramps; maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, or running on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces; move about on hands and knees; bend body downward and forward, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear; use color, odor, texture, shape and sound perception and discrimination; and push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 20 pounds occasionally.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; and,
- Building Inspector 1:Three to four years of progressively responsible related experience
- Building inspector 2: Three to four years of progressively responsible related experience with 2 years of experience as Building Inspector 1 or Equivalent or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Driver’s License with less than 8 points.
- Licenses and Certifications as described above.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply on line at www.onelakewood.com or should submit an application form (found on the website) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
Human Services Case Manager (WRAP Specialist)+-
City of Lakewood
Human Services Case Manager (WRAP Specialist)
Department of Human Services, Division of Youth
The City of Lakewood is seeking a full time Human Services Case Manager (WRAP Specialist) in the Department of Human Services, Division of Youth. This position is responsible for the management of assigned cases, including: conducting home visits and/or meeting with client; assessing client; developing service plans and goals; making referrals to appropriate agencies; organizing meetings; providing crisis intervention; participating in disaster intervention; serving as advocate for client; facilitating support groups; corresponding with referral agencies; collaborating with various agencies; providing relocation assistance/placement of clients; meeting with staff for case review and consultation; may be asked to speak publicly about the programs; assisting clients in completing applications for services; attending court hearings; and preparing and submitting reports and related correspondence /documents and maintaining files. Additionally, the position assists in the planning and execution of all Grant deliverables and must attend certain mandatory training sessions and meetings as outlined by funder including the Family-to-Family Neighborhood System of Care contract from the Cuyahoga County Division of Children and Family Services. This position pays an annual salary of $50,747.66 – $56,386.29. Normal working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm (some flexibility is required) primarily Monday through Friday with some weekend and evening hours required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field;
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible related experience working with at-risk Children, youth and families; or any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- State of Ohio Social Worker License. (LSW) REQUIRED
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City. Must successfully pass a BCI&I fingerprint background check, drug screening and FBI background check if necessary.
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION WHICH IS RENEWED ON AN EVERY OTHER YEAR BASIS. FAILURE TO RENEW WILL RESULT IN THE ELIMINATION OF THE POSITION.
AFSCME BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEES INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION SHOULD CONTACT THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES OR THEIR SUPERVISOR TO OBTAIN AN “INTEREST IN POSITION” FORM. THIS FORM MUST BE RETURNED TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE NO LATER THAN Thursday, July 14, 2016@ 4:00 P.M. in the Department of Human Resources.
Qualified interested external applicants should submit an application form (obtained from the Department of Human Resources or found on www.onelakewood.com) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107 by 5:00 PM on Monday, July 25, 2016.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
School Crossing Guard+-
The City of Lakewood is seeking applicants for the part-time (approximately 2 hours per day) position of School Crossing Guard. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED and be able to satisfactorily complete a physical examination, including drug screening, and police background check. Salary $12.29 per hour.