Annual Fire Hydrant Testing Begins May 1stApril 22, 2019
The City of Lakewood Division of Fire’s annual fire hydrant testing program begins on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Testing will be done on weekdays through approximately June 15th. Annual hydrant flushing is necessary to assure proper hydrant operations during fire emergencies. Signs will be posted in neighborhoods where hydrant testing is taking place.
The testing may cause temporary discoloration of the water supply and residents should check the color of their water before washing clothes to guard against discoloring fabrics. After a few hours, the sediment will settle and the water should run clear again. While the water may appear unsightly, discoloration is due to the release of built-up mineral deposits present in all water mains.
Residents with questions about the fire hydrant testing may call (216) 529-6607 after 9:00 a.m. on weekdays.
- More Than Names Veterans Tribute: A Map of Lakewood’s Casualties of War November 11, 2019
- HELP WANTED: Lakewood City Council seeks applicants for Boards & Commissions November 07, 2019
- The City of Lakewood is Seeking Design-Build Services for Adaptive Redevelopment of Cove Church as Intergenerational Community Center November 06, 2019
Most Popular Pages
- Leaf Collection
- 2019 Construction Projects
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Live Well Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Animals In Lakewood
- Public Art