Volunteer Opportunities With the City of Lakewood
Volunteer Opportunity- Board of Zoning Appeals
The City of Lakewood is accepting applications to fill a position on the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA).The BZA is a five (5) member board that hears requests for area variances (exceptions) from the Zoning Code and appeals of determinations of City staff regarding the Zoning Code. The Board meets on the 4th Thursday of each month with pre-review meetings beginning at 6:00 pm; however, meetings are cancelled if no cases are pending. Terms of BZA members are five (5) years in length; this member will be appointed by the mayor and will serve a term from January of 2019 thru December of 2024
Any City of Lakewood resident who would like to volunteer to be a part of the Board of Zoning Appeals, please submit a Boards and Commissions application or a letter of interest to the Secretary of the Board of Zoning Appeals at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Human Services is grateful for the thousands of service hours provided by volunteers of all ages. From meal delivery to the annual flu clinic campaign, these individuals help to define Lakewood as a strong, civic-minded community.
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities available within the Department of Human Services however the list is always growing and we welcome your ideas. If you have a particular skill or interest that would enhance our services please contact us at 216-529-6685 or email at email@example.com.
- Friendly visitors/telephone reassurance
- Home delivered meal drivers
- Kitchen helpers
- Office Assistance and computer data entry.
- Intergenerational community education programs
- Assistance with Early Childhood family drop in programs and Special Events volunteers
- Senior Activity Group Leaders and Participants in Sewing, Crafts, Knitting and Crocheting Groups
- Senior Center Dining Room Assistants
- Intergenerational Volunteers in partnership with the Lakewood City Schools
- Tax Clinics
- Lakewood Commission on Aging
All individuals interested in volunteering with the Department of Human Services must submit a completed application to the Department office at Department of Human Services, 16024 Madison Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107.
There are many wonderful things that will never be done if you don’t do them. – Charles D. Gill
Lakewood Boards and Commissions
Citizen participation in the governing process is part of what makes Lakewood a great place to call home. Over 70 Lakewood citizens volunteer their time, experience and expertise to serve on one of Lakewood’s many Boards and Commissions.
Most Popular Pages
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facing Addiction
- Mayor's Letter on Clean Water Lakewood: Road Ahead
- Accountability & Sound Governance