Temporary Expanded Outdoor Dining Applications
Temporary, expanded outdoor dining allows for flexibility to expand or add outdoor dining a maximum of 30 seats to support restaurants that are affected by COVID-19 restrictions.
Temporary outdoor dining must close by 10:00 PM.
Barrier must be provided where alcohol is served, or whenever the dining is located in a parking lot.
The Outdoor Dining Design Guidelines should be followed as closely as possible. For the temporary use, the administration is open to the option of plastic chairs and tables, but these would need to be brought in during non-business hours, or substantial enough that they would not be carried away by wind. We would like to remind you that advertisements would still not be allowed on umbrellas or other furniture.
If sidewalk dining is proposed (or anything on public property), liability insurance will be needed, naming the city as an additional insured. ($1M for establishments not serving alcohol, $5M for those serving alcohol).
Please submit items listed in the application as well as the following supporting materials:
- Photos or links to the type of furniture you are considering for your expanded or new outdoor space.
- Photos, links, height, and/or a written description of the barrier you are proposing.
- Description and any materials you are proposing to use to achieve social distancing guidelines.
- Any additional furniture or accessories, such as lighting or signage, which you plan to use on your expanded outdoor dining area.
Business must submit an application and supporting materials to email@example.com.
Most Popular Pages
- E-File Your Taxes
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Snow Reminders
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance