Staff Assistant – Building Department
The City of Lakewood is currently recruiting for a Staff Assistant in our Division of Building and Housing. The Staff Assistant is the front desk presence for the division. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. The normal working hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. The salary range is $33,160.59 – $36,845.10. This is a bargaining unit position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have knowledge of the programs and functions of the Division of Building and Housing; must have excellent communication skills; must be able to process licenses and applications in a professional and efficient manner; Will be responsible for handling monetary transactions; must have the ability to format and type letters, memos, charts and other correspondence using the Microsoft Office suite; must have advanced ability to create and maintain databases and related system reports using Excel and Access and other database programs; must be able to learn proprietary software such as Web Q and A or CitizenServe; must have the ability to compose correspondence in accordance with standard policies; must be able to answer various inquiries, receive applications, explain policies and procedures, and arrange appointments; must be able to work independently and be able to interact with the general public and high level administrative personnel; must be able to perform specialized research and statistical work on assigned subjects to staff and management; must possess the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others; must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience performing general office duties such as typing, filing and answering telephones; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job; experience with utility billing desired.
- Must have a good work record.
- Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Must maintain good grooming and appearance for daily contact with the public.
- Must maintain a demeanor suitable for dealing with the public and maintain a good public relations attitude when dealing with complaints.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a drug screen and police background investigation.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply on line at www.onelakewood.com or should submit an application form (found on the website) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Application will be accepted until Monday, December 18, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
- Residents are reminded to move cars off of streets so snow can be cleared: snowed in cars may be ticketed for 24-hour violation December 15, 2017
- Diversity comes to Lakewood’s housing stock after construction begins on Edanola Avenue home November 21, 2017
- New budget allows for investment in infrastructure, community November 20, 2017