Special event, block party permits
Block Party Permits
Block parties are something of a tradition in Lakewood. If your street is interested in having a block party, you must first obtain a permit from the Division of Streets. Download Block Party Permit Application.
Block Party Rules & Regulations
- A Block Party permit must be obtained at least 2 weeks prior to the event. Click here for block party permit application.
- Permits are issued on a first come, first serve basis. Permits may be limited to a maximum number per weekend.
- The Block Party Chairperson is responsible for setting up, taking down and securing of block party barricades.
- All barricades must be removed by sunset.
- Street must always be accessible to safety forces.
- No permits will be issued for Main and Secondary Main streets (i.e. Madison, Franklin, Hilliard, Detroit, Clifton, Bunts, Warren, etc.)
- If your street has not had a block party in past 3 years, a Block Party Survey is required. 75% of all residences on the street must sign the survey in favor of a block party. After verification of survey, a permit will be issued.
Download Block Party Survey
- No alcohol is permitted on public property (street, tree lawn and sidewalk).
- Any further questions or concerns should be directed to Division of Streets/Forestry at (216) 529-6810.
Special Event Permits
Interested in having a special event other than a block party? Send an email, or call the police department at 216-521-6773.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Tax Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance