Sewer Maintenance Crew
SEWER MAINTENANCE CREW
WATER AND WASTEWATER COLLECTION
City of Lakewood is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sewer Maintenance Crew in the Division of Water and Wastewater Collection with the Department of Public Works. Qualified candidates must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) lbs. frequently throughout the workday; must have the ability to work from ladders, and below ground in deep excavations and under frequent physical demands (i.e., digging, bending, reaching, climbing, squatting, standing, extensive use of hands, arms and fingers); must have the ability to work in extreme weather conditions and may be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, gas, fumes and pungent odors; must have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on wet, slippery and debris covered surfaces; must possess above average mechanical ability and have the ability to operate various water and sewer cleaning equipment (i.e., snakes, rodders, jet flushers, etc.) and perform minor maintenance on that equipment; must have the ability to use and operate various safety equipment on the job (i.e., gas detectors, etc.); must have the ability to enter various manholes and sewers during the course of duties; must have the ability to work in close quarters; must have the ability to maintain records; must possess knowledge of underground sewer and water systems; must have the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone and radio. Position will work on all water and sewer assignments as necessary. Overtime work will be necessary as emergency situations occur.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Good work and attendance record.
- Must possess a valid Class B Ohio Commercial Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points at time of APPLICATION. Must possess a tanker endorsement within fifty (50) days of appointment.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical examination and police background investigation including drug screen.
- Must possess OR be able to obtain an EPA issued Class I Wastewater Collection System Operator’s License OR EPA issued Class I Water Distribution System Operator’s license within 24 months of appointment.
This is a union position and the employee may be required to work overtime pursuant to the provisions of Article 5 and Article 15 of the current negotiated agreement. Applicants may be reassigned as required.
Wage Rate: $22.88/hour start
Normal Work Hours: 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (M-F)
ONLY QUALIFIED interested applicants should submit a resume AND an application on-line or to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.