Residential Plans Examiner – Part-Time
The City of Lakewood is currently recruiting for a PART-TIME Residential Plans Examiner in our Division of Building and Housing. The Plans Examiner performs plans examination on residential structure plans to ensure compliance with the Residential Code of Ohio, other codes as referenced by the Residential Code of Ohio as well as other rules and standards as adopted by the Ohio Board of Building Standards. The normal working hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm. The hourly rate is $24.50 – $25.60 per hour. This is a part-time, less than 29 hours per week, position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have knowledge of applicable building code including the Residential Code of Ohio, Ohio Plumbing Code, International Fuel Gas Code, National Electrical Code as well as other rules and standards as adopted by the Ohio Board of Building Standards; Must be familiar with process of plans examination and experience in construction and/or renovation of residential structures; Must have the ability to conduct field observations of new and existing structures to document conditions pertinent to plans examinations; Must be able to create, manipulate and issue building and other permits utilizing paper applications and proprietary software. Must have the ability and knowledge to review plans for compliance with codes and ordinances, and communicate findings. Must have the ability to interact with the public within the community to provide information; Must be able to work independently in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines and follow up on assignments.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of progressively responsible related experience or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with less than 8 points AND
- Must be OBBS Certified as Residential Plans Examiner and/or Residential Building Official (Valid interim at time of hire may be considered)
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a drug screen and police background investigation.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply on line at www.onelakewood.com or should submit an application form (found on the website) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Application will be accepted until Monday, January 8, 2018 at 4:00pm.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.