Part-Time Human Services Case Manager (WRAP Specialist)
City of Lakewood
Human Services Case Manager (WRAP Specialist)
Department of Human Services, Division of Youth
The City of Lakewood is seeking a part time (up to 29 hours per week) Human Services Case Manager (WRAP Specialist) in the Department of Human Services, Division of Youth. This position is responsible for the management of assigned cases, including: conducting home visits and/or meeting with client; assessing client; developing service plans and goals; making referrals to appropriate agencies; organizing meetings; providing crisis intervention; participating in disaster intervention; serving as advocate for client; facilitating support groups; corresponding with referral agencies; collaborating with various agencies; providing relocation assistance/placement of clients; meeting with staff for case review and consultation; assisting clients in completing applications for services; attending court hearings; and preparing and submitting reports and related correspondence/documents and maintaining files. Additionally, the position assists in the planning and execution of all Grant deliverables and must attend certain mandatory training sessions and meetings as outlined by funder including the Family-to-Family Neighborhood System of Care contract from the Cuyahoga County Division of Children and Family Services. This position pays $25.63 hourly. Normal working hours are between 8:00am to 5:00pm primarily Monday through Friday with some weekend and evening hours required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field;
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible related experience working with at-risk Children, youth and families; or any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- State of Ohio Social Worker License. (LSW) REQUIRED
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City. Must successfully pass a BCI&I fingerprint background check, drug screening and FBI background check, if necessary.
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION WHICH IS RENEWED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS. FAILURE TO RENEW WILL RESULT IN THE ELIMINATION OF THE POSITION.
Qualified, interested, external applicants should submit an application form and current resume at www.onelakewood.com. Deadline to apply is Friday, December 21, 2018 @ 4:00 P.M. in the Department of Human Resources.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Most Popular Pages
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Leaf Collection
- Snow Reminders
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facing Addiction
- Accountability & Sound Governance