This 31 acre lakefront park, the crown jewel of the Lakewood Parks system, is located at the intersection of Belle and Lake Avenues. The Park offers a multitude of activities, including:
- Foster Pool: open during the summer months, various programs offered including open swims, learn to swim classes, senior swims etc. For program information call the Community Recreation & Education Department at 529-4081.
- Construction of a new zero-entry children’s wading pool was completed in 2002.
- Four Tennis Courts with a Flexcourt Surface
- Three sand volleyball courts, open to the public (unless permits for league play have been issued by The Community
- Recreation & Education Department). Call 529-4081 for league or permit information.
- Kids Cove Playground area
- The Lakewood Park Bandstand, offers free concerts on Sunday evenings, and free movies for children during the summer months. Refer to the City News and Events link for a list of dates and further information.
- The Lakefront Promenade is a gorgeous brick walkway where visitors can enjoy a lovely view of the lake as well as a wonderful skyline of downtown Cleveland. (new in 2006)
- Handicap-accessible ramp, with stone walls and brick pavers, which extends from the top of the bluff to the lower
- Lakefront Promenade (new in 2006)
- Picnic areas located throughout the park, with grills and tables
- Two softball fields, available to the public, unless a permit from the Board of Recreation has reserved the field. Call 529-4081 for permit information.
- Old Stone House: Lakewood’s oldest stone house, now a museum, call 221-7343 for hours and tour information.
- Lakewood Skatepark: 9,500 sq foot concrete skatepark featuring a smooth quiet surface with street and bank obstacles for all skill levels and bleachers for viewing. Open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.