Lakewood at a glance
The City of Lakewood, Ohio, is an inner-ring street car suburb of Cleveland. Nearly 52,000 people live within our 5.53 square mile community. Lakewood’s economy is large, diverse, and local. It is made up of primarily small businesses that are agile and thriving.
- Lakewood’s largest collective employer are small businesses – 75% of the 12,000 workers in Lakewood are employed by small businesses
- 100 small businesses have either opened or gone through a major renovation in the last 4 years
- Since 2008 Lakewood has seen a total private commercial investment of upwards of $100MM
- $2 MM dollar Solstice Steps project completed in 2015
- $80 MM dollar school renovation projects to complete fall 2017