Income Tax Auditor
The City of Lakewood is currently accepting applications for the position of Income Tax Auditor to join our Finance Department Division of Tax. The successful incumbent must have the ability to perform various tax functions, including calculating taxes, penalties and interest; determining tax liability; processing payments; interviewing taxpayers; examining tax returns and selecting proper remedies for payment; filing returns; answering taxpayers questions and resolving problems; must be able to review audits and compliance procedures; must be able to assist in the preparation of court documents for the City Prosecutor in the case of delinquent tax cases; preparing complex, routine and non-routine reports as requested utilizing a variety of software; receives, sorts and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; prepares work reports; must have knowledge of applicable state, federal and local ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations and be able to interpret the same. Successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of Individual, Corporate and Municipal tax preparation, economics and accounting principles and practices, financial markers, and the process of analyzing and reporting financial data; must have skill in using computer software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or Internal Revenue Service VITA/TCE Tax Preparation Certification; and
- 3 years of progressively responsible related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a drug screen and police background investigation.
This is a bargaining unit position and the incumbent may be required to work overtime pursuant to the provisions of Article 5 and Article 15 of the current negotiated agreement. Employees may be reassigned as required.
Starting Wage Rate: $37,651.48
Normal Work Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (M-F) some evenings and weekends may be required
ONLY QUALIFIED interested applicants should submit a resume AND an application (at www.onelakewood.com) either on-line or to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: January 28, 2016