Housing License Renewal
If you have a question about your 2018 housing license, please contact the Division of Housing & Building at (216) 529-6270.
ANNOUNCING CHANGES TO 2019 HOUSING LICENSE PROGRAM
In 2019, ALL HOUSING LICENSES ARE DUE ON NOVEMBER 1.
Lakewood housing license regulations were updated by City Council at the end of 2018. By making all housing licenses due at the same time, license processing will be more efficient and the customer experience will be simplified. The customer experience will be further improved by a new user-friendly online application. A link to the new online Housing License Portal will be made available here in ample time to meet the November 1 deadline.
Other important Details about the Lakewood Housing License Application
- Non-owner Occupied Condominium: The fee for non-owner occupied condominium units is now $45.00 per unit.
- Owner Occupied Condominiums & Condominium Buildings: There is no longer a fee for owner occupied condominium units or for condominium buildings.
- Late Fees: Owners not securing a Housing license by November 1 will be assessed a late fee of twenty-five ($25.00) per unit.
- Updated Housing License fees for 2019 are:
|Non-owner-occupied condominium units:||$45.00 per unit|
|Rooming house containing two or more tenants:||$60.00 per unit|
|Non-owner occupied one-or-two family structures:||$75.00 per unit|
|Three-family dwellings:||$60.00 per non-owner occupied unit|
|All other non-owner occupied structures:||$45.00 per dwelling unit|
|Multi-family buildings single license:||$3,500.00 per building|
|Vacant Property License:||$200.00 per building|
This is the first of multiple forms of communication we will be using to provide housing license updates over the coming months. Our goal is to provide ample notice and clear communication about these changes so you can prepare your applications for housing licenses in an appropriate and timely manner. We encourage you to reach out to our department at (216) 529-6270 or email@example.com if we can help answer any questions about the housing license application process moving forward.
Thank you for your continued commitment to and investment in the Lakewood community.
Most Popular Pages
- Healthy Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Animals In Lakewood