H2O is excited to launch its all-new HOME ALONE Program!
What is HOME ALONE? An amazing peer-to-peer mentorship project, and more!
HOME ALONE events are designed by H2O high school leaders and staff to convey important safety information to 9-12 year old students in an engaging, meaningful way. In order to attend HOME ALONE, students must be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian.
During each 2-1/2 hour training, students will rotate through six interactive safety presentations led by H2O high school leaders. HOME ALONE event topics include:
* Emergencies – How and when to Call 9-1-1
* Basic First Aid – What to do if accidents or injuries occur
* Tricky People & Phone/Door Safety – How to avoid potentially dangerous situations
* Routines and Siblings – Establishing house rules and role-playing conflict resolution
* Internet Safety – Advice for maintaining positive, healthy experiences online
* Street Smarts – Safety tips when going to and from school or around Lakewood
While students are engaged with the high school leaders, their parents/guardians will receive valuable safety information presented by local experts from Lakewood Police, Fire and EMS, as well as a cyber crimes against children investigator from Westlake PD.
There is a $15.00 Family Fee for HOME ALONE which covers the adult attendee(s) and all 9-12 yr. old family member(s) being enrolled. At the end of each event, families will receive a comprehensive safety manual published by H2O’s program partner, SOS4Kids.
There will be HOME ALONE sessions:
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 — 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 — 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Thursday, February, 13, 2020 — 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, February 22, 2020 — 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Childcare and financial aid is available for families that need assistance in order to attend HOME ALONE. Email H2O at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request.
Space is limited to 75 students in each HOME ALONE event. Registration is held on a first-come, first-served basis. H2O encourages early enrollment to ensure your choice of dates.
H2O’s high school leaders look forward to sharing safety skills with their younger peers!
Click here to register for one of the HOME ALONE sessions.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance