Henkeeping Permit application
Applications will NOT begin being accepted until August 1st on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. Applications should be submitted to the Director of Public Safety in the Mayor’s Office on the 2nd floor of City Hall, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107 Questions about the application may be directed to Shannon Strachan at 216-529-6093.
- Application (completed and signed)
- $25.00 Permit Fee (Cash or check)
- Backyard Hen Training Certificate from OSU Extension or Cleveland Metro Parks
- Specifications for intended coop with simple diagram showing coop placement in relation to property lines and other structures on the property**
- Specifications for intended hen run/enclosure with simple diagram showing placement in relation to property lines and other structures**
- If you are a renter, written approval from your Landlord to have backyard hens on the rental property where hens are to be kept.