Community Meeting #1 – June 29, 2016
The Wagar Park visioning session on June 29, 2016 at Grace Presbyterian Church was a success. Longtime residents and parishioners came to the meeting to share their experiences at Wagar Park over the years. It was great to get a historical perspective of the park . After sharing stories of the past the residents offered their ideas and hopes for the future of Wagar Park. If you want to share a story of the past or a vision for the future of Wagar Park please take a moment and fill out this survey. We’d love to hear from you!
Community Meeting #2 – August 3, 2016
After meeting with stakeholder groups, internal research, and listening to residents like you at our first public meeting and online, our consultants have crafted three (3) concepts that incorporate much of what we heard from the community. Each concept prioritizes different amenities/items and we want to hear from you again to further refine a master plan for Wagar Park.
Design Concept No. 1
Design Concept No. 2
Design Concept No. 3
Improvement Plan Proposals will incorporate the six (6) community priorities in the Parks Master Plan Strategic Update, which set out to guide future improvements throughout our park system. The six community priorities are:
- Quality of Facilities
- Natural Resources
- Cultural and Social Resources
- Year Round Use
- Additionally, the improvement plans will consider the following design elements:
- Designs will be beautiful, durable and easy to maintain. Elements should exhibit thoughtful design, efficiency and longevity.
- Harmony between design elements, equipment and topography will effortlessly blend form and function.
- Designs will provide innovative solutions for on-site design challenges.
- Designs will address connectivity to and throughout the park.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Tax Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance