Clean Water Pilot Project
The city of Lakewood is upgrading residents’ water meters and scheduling interior assessments for the Clean Water Pilot Study Project, which started in Lakewood in 2014. The study takes place in Lakewood, on Atkins and Eldred avenues, south of Hilliard and north of Delaware Avenue. In order for the city to meet its EPA compliance schedule, these assessments and upgrades need to be completed by May 1, 2015. The appointments are being scheduled now on a first-come, first-served basis.
Appointment Scheduling Times
- Monday through Friday at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., or 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday at 5 p.m.
- Routine work should take approximately two hours to complete, however, some may take longer based on configuration and condition of the house’s plumbing. Please contact Colleen Gillespie via phone at 216.529.6692 or via email at email@example.com to schedule your appointment. Special appointment days/times can be made for those unable to be at the property during the above appointment times.
About the Interior Access
If the property owner is not available, an adult representative 18 years or older will need to be present during the scheduled assessment. The Lakewood team will all be carrying Lakewood identification cards. The city will need access to the water meter and sanitary sewer line in the basement. Please clear a route to these areas and a 5-foot radius around the base. Additionally, the team will need to know the location of all floor drains, utility tubs, sump pumps/pits, showers, toilets, etc. Please have the representative prepared to point these features out to the team. Your sanitary sewer lateral will be televised from inside the house to the street which may require snaking.
The city will hosted a Clean Water Pilot Study Project update on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at Harding Middle School in the cafetorium. Representatives were on hand to answer questions. This work under the pilot study is required per our agreement with the Ohio EPA.
Most Popular Pages
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facing Addiction
- Mayor's Letter on Clean Water Lakewood: Road Ahead
- Accountability & Sound Governance