City of Lakewood at a glance
The City of Lakewood, Ohio, is an inner-ring street car suburb of Cleveland. Nearly 52,000 people live within our 5.53 square mile community. Lakewood’s economy is large, diverse, and local. It is made up of primarily small businesses that are agile and thriving.
- Lakewood’s largest collective employer are small businesses – 75% of the 12,000 workers in Lakewood are employed by small businesses
- 100 small businesses have either opened or gone through a major renovation in the last 4 years
- Since 2008 Lakewood has seen a total private commercial investment of upwards of $100MM
- $2 MM dollar Solstice Steps project completed in 2015
- $80 MM dollar school renovation projects to complete fall 2017
Maintaining and enhancing the built environment in Lakewood’s downtown district has steadily grown our economic capacity. Downtown Lakewood will remain vibrant and active in the coming years.
- $32 MM dollar Family Health Care Center proposed fall of 2016
- Transformational 6 acre redevelopment site adjacent to Curtis Block
- 91% Commercial Occupancy Rate on Detroit Ave
Fostering a vibrant downtown district leads to continued reinvestment and redevelopment. Adapting existing structures, like the Curtis Block, preserves community character while creating dynamic new spaces for growth within the fabric of the streetscape.
Most Popular Pages
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- New Dog Ordinance
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Lakewood Art Mural Program
- 2018-19 Construction Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facing Addiction
- Mayor's Letter on Clean Water Lakewood: Road Ahead
- Accountability & Sound Governance