Senior center activities and programs: A monthly calendar with scheduled events and lunch menus is available in print and by clicking on these links:
- Senior Monthly Activity Calendar
- Senior Monthly Lunch Menu
- Community Resource Guide
- Goodtime III tour, September 2016
- Smoking Cessation class, September 2016
- The Turbulent Decade of the 60s
- Farmers Market flyer, September 2016
Come to the centers and enjoy afternoon movies, tabletop bowling, bingo and Wii games. If you don’t see your favorite hobby, help us organize it. Activities include:
Craft Group: Every Wednesday morning at the Kathleen & Robert Lawther Lawther Center (West) at 10 a.m. Every Tuesday morning at Senior Center East.
Gold Coast Follies: Sing and dance troupe that performs throughout the community. Always looking for new members!! Practice is held every Tuesday morning at Lakewood Park Woman’s Pavilion.
GrAY Pride at Kathleen & Robert Lawther Center (West); 2nd Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.
Low Vision Support Group at Kathleen & Robert Lawther Center (West), 4th Friday each month at 10 a.m.
Sewing Group: Sew lap robes, tummy pillows for abdominal surgery patients and emergency room dolls for children to be donated to area nursing homes and hospitals. Join the ladies on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. at the Kathleen & Robert Lawther Lawther Center (West).
Lakewood Art League: Join your peers in a creative environment. The group meets the third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Kathleen & Robert Lawther Lawther Center (West). Educational speakers present at every meeting.
Knitting & Crocheting: Join your peers in a creative environment while working on your own knitting or crocheting project. Group meets Tuesdays at 10 a.m. at Center East.
Card Games: Pinochle, poker, bridge, canasta.
Special Events: Hot dog cookouts, picnics in the park, holiday celebrations, day trips and lunch outings.
NOSCD Northeast Ohio Senior Citizens of the Deaf: The group meets every other Friday at the Kathleen & Robert Lawther Center (Senior Center West). Interpreter services available.
Lakewood Photographic Society: Meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m. mid September through mid May at Lawther Center West for anyone interested in photography.
AARP Tax Preparation Clinics: Held January through April. By appointment only.
Intergenerational programs: Volunteers work with children of all ages, in a variety of settings
- Ohioreads: Tutors work individually with first, second and third graders to improve reading and writing skills.
- Grandparent-Read-to-Me: Volunteers read and socialize with pre-schoolers.
- Growing-Healthy-Together: Teams use puppets and skits to teach early elementary classes the importance of saying no to cigarettes and drugs, as well as practicing good hygiene and staying safe.
- Spring Fling: An intergenerational musical event co-sponsored by the Division of Aging and the Division of Youth H20 Program.
- GRASP (Grandparents & Relatives As Second Parents): A program jointly sponsored by the Divisions of Aging and Youth. 4th Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Tea Party: Annual intergenerational tea party.
Call 216-521-1515 for more information.