Calendar of Events / Task force schedule
- Meetings are open to the public, and take place the third Tuesday of every month, starting at 7 p.m..
- Regular updates and meeting notes will be posted on the City’s website.
- Any comments you may have can be submitted to working group individuals or Shannon Strachan.
We will spend the first few monthly meetings going over background information, providing educational resources for understanding the problem and discussing possible solutions.
Specifically, the next two meetings will be field trips: one to show you the sewage treatment plant and one which focuses on green infrastructure.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 we meet at Lakewood Municipal Waste Water Treatment plant, 1699 Cleveland Metro Park Dr, at 7 p.m.. We will gain an understanding of how a treatment plant works, and how it has evolved over time. We will also look at one overflow site right near the plant, which overflows into Rocky River.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26 we meet at the Watershed Stewardship Center to learn about green infrastructure options, 2277 W Ridgewood Dr, Parma, OH 44134. The tour starts at 7 p.m. sharp, please arrive a few minutes early.
- After that, we plan to have our September, October, and November meetings at the University of Akron, Lakewood campus, multi-use room.
- December, January, and February meetings may be held at City Hall depending on auditorium availability.
- More Than Names Veterans Tribute: A Map of Lakewood’s Casualties of War November 11, 2019
- HELP WANTED: Lakewood City Council seeks applicants for Boards & Commissions November 07, 2019
- The City of Lakewood is Seeking Design-Build Services for Adaptive Redevelopment of Cove Church as Intergenerational Community Center November 06, 2019
Most Popular Pages
- Leaf Collection
- 2019 Construction Projects
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Live Well Lakewood
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Animals In Lakewood
- Public Art