The Division of Housing & Building issues permits covering any alterations, repairs or new construction, contractor registration and licensing and housing licenses, as well as permits for peddler and/or solicitor’s licenses. The Division inspects all structures in the City either by mandatory inspection or upon request.
Click here for to view LCO Chapter 1309 Permit Fees.
New for 2021:
- Beginning January 1, 2021 any new principal structure or addition to a principal structure requires a legal property (boundary) survey.
- Beginning March 1, 2021 any new garage will require a legal property (boundary) survey.
Click here to go to Citizen Serve for your building department needs.
- Building Permit Application – Residential & Commercial
- Permit Requirements – UPDATED
- Residential Plan Review Application
- Commercial Plan Review Application
- Commercial Plans Exam Fee – beginning January 1, 2019 a fee will be charged for all new commercial plans examinations. The fee is two hundred dollars ($200.00) plus five dollars ($5.00) per 100 square feet, or part thereof, of the proposed structure, and an additional fee in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the original plans examination fee for all resubmittals. [LCO 76-06, Section 1309.15] Only full plan sets will be accepted for resubmittals. individual pages are not acceptable.
- Pavement Opening Permit Application
- Obstruction Permit Application
- Vacant Housing License Application
- OBC Plan Exam Checklist
- RCO Plan Review Checklist
- Sidewalk Permit Application
For more information about submitting your application, please call 216-529-6270.
Most Popular Pages
- E-File Your Taxes
- State of the City Address
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- E-Newsletter Sign-Up
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance