The Division of Housing & Building issues permits covering any alterations, repairs or new construction, contractor registration and licensing and housing licenses, as well as permits for peddler and/or solicitor’s licenses. The Division inspects all structures in the City either by mandatory inspection or upon request.
Click here to go to Citizen Serve for your building department needs.
- Building Permit Application – Residential & Commercial
- Permit Requirements – UPDATED
- Residential Plan Review Application
- Commercial Plan Review Application
- Commercial Plans Exam Fee – beginning January 1, 2019 a fee will be charged for all new commercial plans examinations. The fee is two hundred dollars ($200.00) plus five dollars ($5.00) per 100 square feet, or part thereof, of the proposed structure, and an additional fee in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the original plans examination fee for all resubmittals. [LCO 76-06, Section 1309.15] Only full plan sets will be accepted for resubmittals. individual pages are not acceptable.
- Pavement Opening Permit Application
- Obstruction Permit Application
- Vacant Housing License Application
- OBC Plan Exam Checklist
- RCO Plan Review Checklist
- Sidewalk Permit Application
For more information about submitting your application, please call 216-529-6270.
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Tax Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Public Art
- Accountability & Sound Governance